Around the League - Week 2

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Anybody going to catch TNF tonight?

Being from Missouri, I kinda have to see how the Chiefs are going to match up against the Broncos. I completely expect the Chiefs to win...but I expected the Vikings to beat the 49ers, too, so I guess we'll see.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Around the League - Week 2

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:Anybody going to catch TNF tonight?

Being from Missouri, I kinda have to see how the Chiefs are going to match up against the Broncos. I completely expect the Chiefs to win...but I expected the Vikings to beat the 49ers, too, so I guess we'll see.
I'll watch some of it. Should be a good game, particularly defensively. Those are two tough defenses. I wouldn't be surprised to see a KC win here.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not sold on Manning. To be fair, I've never felt like he would do well in Denver and for the most part he's done VERY well, but after the Super Bowl I've felt like he was exposed and last season the juice seemed to really be gone from his arm.

I like what the Chiefs have put together, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win this one by double digits.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

yeah I think I will I am curious to see how good KC is and how Peyton looks ?

I am wondering if he should hang it up? or not... He has really dropped off in production from two years ago
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Anybody going to catch TNF tonight?

Yea, ill be watching.

Should probably catch noodle arm ohoolihan while I can, before he retires. KC is going to get a long, long time to prepare for the MNF game against the Packers next week, so im hoping they dont look too sharp, KC is a team that usually gives us trouble, even when we win.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

You know, I don't 'like' the Chiefs as an organization, since they did kill us in Super Bowl IV all those years ago. I understand the rivalry there (also the fact we haven't beaten the team in years).

However, I do like a lot of the players on the Chiefs. I love to watch Alex Smith play. The guy constantly gets #### on by fans, media, and NFL personnel. Yet, he goes out and finds away to win and take care of the ball. That guy gets zero respect
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I remember liking Peters. Pick-six on Manning
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Man, did we pick the wrong CB. I wanted Peters all along, could have got him later, and wouldnt have someone warming the bench.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

lol, so did I DP. I had hoped the FO wouldnt want a speedster again (like Robinson) and go for the better CB in Peters.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:lol, so did I DP. I had hoped the FO wouldnt want a speedster again (like Robinson) and go for the better CB in Peters.
Character issues apparently dropped him. *sigh*

And why they didn't take Collins in the 7th still baffles me.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Missed the first half. Heard the radio call of the pick six. Could be a good game.

Also - is it wrong that I hope Marcus Peters murders a nun or something to help justify passing on him?
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Missed the first half. Heard the radio call of the pick six. Could be a good game.

Also - is it wrong that I hope Marcus Peters murders a nun or something to help justify passing on him?
Lmao.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote:And why they didn't take Collins in the 7th still baffles me.
Because, Spielman.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Demi wrote: Because, Spielman.
Spielman GMs 31 teams in the league? Quite impressive.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Use your noodle, Peyton!

Well that sounded more wrong then I meant it to.