Around the League - Week 1

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Around the League - Week 1

Post by Hunter Morrow »

DK Sweets wrote:Congrats!

Turned out to be a great game!
Gosh darn spread, though.

I am worried about this Monday night game. I think it will show how our season will go. I don't see any reason why we couldn't win the NFC North now if we can beat the 49ers convincingly on the road. I wasn't impressed by any NFC North team yesterday.

Of course, that could all just be first game rust and all that. But the Bears are still the Bears, the Packers were flat and got dominated on the ground and the Lions coughed up almost 500 yards in a game where they lost an 18 point lead. Their defense might actually be really bad this year.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Hunter Morrow wrote:
Gosh darn spread, though.

I am worried about this Monday night game. I think it will show how our season will go. I don't see any reason why we couldn't win the NFC North now if we can beat the 49ers convincingly on the road. I wasn't impressed by any NFC North team yesterday.

Of course, that could all just be first game rust and all that. But the Bears are still the Bears, the Packers were flat and got dominated on the ground and the Lions coughed up almost 500 yards in a game where they lost an 18 point lead. Their defense might actually be really bad this year.
I saw the same things you saw, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it quite yet. The Lions looked really good for a while, so I want to see which team they really are. The Bears still have a lot of adjustments they need to make and had Jeffrey on a pitch count. The Packers seem to always start slow. I hope the other teams all look like they did yesterday, but I just don't think that's likely.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Just checking into the game now. Sproles looks ageless.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Julio Jones is the best WR in the game.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

frosted wrote:Julio Jones is the best WR in the game.
I very much disagree.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Philly should have just went for it on 4th.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Bradford gets his shot to put some legitmacy to all the unwarranted Eagles hype, right here.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I knew it was going to picked during my post, lol.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Im at BWW and the crowd went crazy here. I don't even think it's Falcons fans...I think it's Rams fans looking for validation in moving on from Bradford.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Im at BWW and the crowd went crazy here. I don't even think it's Falcons fans...I think it's Rams fans looking for validation in moving on from Bradford.
Hell I thought the Rams made off in that trade. Eagles should be the ones looking for validation, if anything.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Crax wrote:Then Winston "McNabb's" it on a 3rd and 42(would have been well short even if it didn't bounce off the ground first). Glad I'm not a Bucs fan right now.
I'd just like to apologize for cursing the team. I'll take the blame for this loss
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Jordysghost wrote: I very much disagree.
That's nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

frosted wrote: That's nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol you aren't always so snarky when somebody disagrees with your opinion on a Football Message Board, are you?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Jordysghost wrote: Lol you aren't always so snarky when somebody disagrees with your opinion on a Football Message Board, are you?
i don't think it's because you disagree, I think it's because you strongly disagreed an Julio is playing amazing.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

frosted wrote:Julio Jones is the best WR in the game.
quite possibly