Key Injuries

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Key Injuries

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Terrell Suggs out for the season. Devastating blow for Baltimore.
From ESPN.com:
Baltimore OLB Terrell Suggs left today's loss to the Broncos late in the 4th, and the news is devastating. Suggs has a torn Achilles and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Key Injuries

Post by DK Sweets »

Charles Woodson looked like he broke his arm/wrist at the end of that game, too. I don't know when the diagnosis will come through for that.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Key Injuries

Post by DK Sweets »

Other key injuries of note:

Andre Ellington (knee)
TY Hilton (knee)
DJ Fluker (ankle)
Josh McCown (possibly the coolest looking concussion ever)
Luke Kuechly (concussion)
Antonio Cromartie (knee)

Most of these don't have timetables right now, I just thought I would post a few updates.

Also, the report on JPP's hand/general strength was less than positive this morning on the FOX pre-game show.
Demi
Commissioner

Re: Key Injuries

Post by Demi »

Broken bone in foot will cost Dez Bryant 4-6 weeks
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Demi wrote:Broken bone in foot will cost Dez Bryant 4-6 weeks
Ouch for the Cowboys, I doubt Romo is good enough to make up the difference on his own, and im a fan of the guy.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote: Josh McCown (possibly the coolest looking concussion ever)
Would have been legit #### had he scored.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Jordysghost wrote: Would have been legit #### had he scored.
Holy #### he Rosencoptered!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Key Injuries

Post by DK Sweets »

Demi wrote: Holy #### he Rosencoptered!
I'd forgotten about the Rosencopter!

http://youtu.be/j3_hi7gOjE0
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Some buzz going around that Brees may have a torn rotator cuff or other shoulder injury. Saints' troubles going from bad to worse.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:Some buzz going around that Brees may have a torn rotator cuff or other shoulder injury. Saints' troubles going from bad to worse.
Praying that thats not true, I hate to hear that so much.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jordysghost wrote: Praying that thats not true, I hate to hear that so much.
Schefter said it wasn't as serious. Should be back in a couple weeks, if he misses any time at all.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I heard they bumped Dez to 10 or 11 weeks because of a bone graft?
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:I heard they bumped Dez to 10 or 11 weeks because of a bone graft?
There are all kinds of rumors on Dez right now. Between 8-12 seems to be the consensus.

Romo also out for 8-10 weeks with a broken collarbone. Let's see the Cowboys offense with a mediocre running game and Weeden commanding the offense. They get some defensive help back but that should be a pretty big downgrade on the offensive side of the ball.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote: There are all kinds of rumors on Dez right now. Between 8-12 seems to be the consensus.

Romo also out for 8-10 weeks with a broken collarbone. Let's see the Cowboys offense with a mediocre running game and Weeden commanding the offense. They get some defensive help back but that should be a pretty big downgrade on the offensive side of the ball.
Luckily for them that is a trash division this year, or at least looks to be so far.

That saved the Packers playoff hopes during Rodgers absence in 2013 when we absolutely blew, and that was a team racked with injuries as well, it seemed like anyone who wasnt on Injured Reserve was either out or playing through an injury. I think the Cowboys still make the playoffs by way of Division Title. I think they are still the most talented team in that division.

Cowboys should sign Matt Flynn, he saved our season once and the Cowboys remember at least one game of that very clearly. :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jordysghost wrote:Cowboys should sign Matt Flynn,
They're working out a gentleman by the name of Ponder.