notable cuts

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

notable cuts

Post by fiestavike »

Someone else probably has a better knowledge of a lot of these players than I do, but I thought I'd start a thread where folks can point them out.

A name that jumped out to me from the Bills cuts...

Cyril Richardson G
http://www.nfl.com/player/cyrilrichardson/2543697/draft
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: notable cuts

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Tim Tebow was released. All that dry humping that Chip Kelley did about Tebow was just to see if anyone would be stupid enough to trade for him. I said long ago that Tebow would never play another down in the NFL, and some of my friends were orgasming at the thought of me being wrong about that and saying that God willhelp him make a roster... well I hate to tell them I told you so...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Tim Tebow was released. All that dry humping that Chip Kelley did about Tebow was just to see if anyone would be stupid enough to trade for him. I said long ago that Tebow would never play another down in the NFL, and some of my friends were orgasming at the thought of me being wrong about that and saying that God willhelp him make a roster... well I hate to tell them I told you so...
good grief. :roll:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cassel released. Philly-bound?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I hate it has come to this but...

Nick Novak - K - Free Agent

Chargers released K Nick Novak.

The move is a surprise in that Novak went 22-of-26 on field goals last year and converted 89.2 percent of his field goals the last three seasons in San Diego. Novak's nearly $1.5 million salary was working against him, however, and UDFA Josh Lambo costs the rookie minimum. Novak should latch on with a kicker-needy team.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:I hate it has come to this but...

Nick Novak - K - Free Agent

Chargers released K Nick Novak.

The move is a surprise in that Novak went 22-of-26 on field goals last year and converted 89.2 percent of his field goals the last three seasons in San Diego. Novak's nearly $1.5 million salary was working against him, however, and UDFA Josh Lambo costs the rookie minimum. Novak should latch on with a kicker-needy team.
I always liked Novak... I wouldn't mind bring him in but I don't see it happening.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The buzz on twitter is that the Eagles may want to sign Ponder after he's officially cut.

@Rand_Getlin 2h2 hours ago
The reality is, the #Eagles liked Tebow. And he was close to making the team. But they're always going to look for the best fit.

‏@Rand_Getlin 2h2 hours ago
Multiple sources tell me the #Eagles have interest in Christian Ponder. Team always maintained it's about putting together "the best 53".
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Christian Ponder ... "the best 53"

XD
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Field Yates ✔@FieldYates

Source: the Saints waived CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, a 2014 second-round pick.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Darnell Dockett
Devon Still
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

As a Hard Knocks watcher, I was pretty disappointed that Charles James II and Kourtnei Brown got cut. This weeks episode will be pretty interesting at least.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:As a Hard Knocks watcher, I was pretty disappointed that Charles James II and Kourtnei Brown got cut. This weeks episode will be pretty interesting at least.
I think EZ was cut too
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Dude Charles James got cut ?? WTH I wouldn't mind picking him up
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
MichViking
Transition Player

Post by MichViking »

JASPER BRINKLEY cut monday from cowboys, the kicker is....He got 2 million guaranteed. Dude is set and didn't even play a game. Must be nice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ero-games/
RIP Sean Taylor
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FYI that Cassel re-signed with Buffalo, presumably for much less than his previous $4 million contract.