Packers sign WR James Jones

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Per Ian Rapport.

ESPN claims it wont be finalized untl Monday.

I like the move, and was hoping we would sign either him or Reggie Wayne, despite the fact that i think the Packers WR core is still a pretty good unit.

He already knows the offense, is only one season removed from GB (Though it feels like a longer time than that to me) and was in my opinion one of the best number 3 WRs in the league during his time with Rodgers and earlier Favre. He also has 5 less years of wear and tear then Reggie Wayne.

Just posting here because its divisional news. :thumbsup:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Packers sign WR James Jones

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I hope he gets hurt (joke... ).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I hope he gets hurt (joke... ).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Real nice. -.-
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Per Ian Rapport.

ESPN claims it wont be finalized untl Monday.

I like the move, and was hoping we would sign either him or Reggie Wayne, despite the fact that i think the Packers WR core is still a pretty good unit.

He already knows the offense, is only one season removed from GB (Though it feels like a longer time than that to me) and was in my opinion one of the best number 3 WRs in the league during his time with Rodgers and earlier Favre. He also has 5 less years of wear and tear then Reggie Wayne.

Just posting here because its divisional news. :thumbsup:

It's a smart move to bolster their depth.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

After watching the game today, I really think the Packers should cut James Jones.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:After watching the game today, I really think the Packers should cut James Jones.
+1
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

DK Sweets wrote:After watching the game today, I really think the Packers should cut James Jones.
+2.

And sign Troy Williamson.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Maybe they wanna trade CP for James Jones....
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Is this more of the whole sign Packers thing? :wink:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Jordysghost wrote: Is this more of the whole sign Packers thing? :wink:
Im actually convinced that he's not that good, he just has amazing chemistry with the best QB in football. I don't want him...I just don't want you to have him, either.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Im actually convinced that he's not that good, he just has amazing chemistry with the best QB in football. I don't want him...I just don't want you to have him, either.
I was just joking anyways, but Jones set his career high in receptions with the Raiders, and only got cut due to contract issues, the Giants also let him go in light of their young WR core and I think that was a mistake, he was arguably their best WR this preseaon.

I think hes pretty good, led the league in TD just a season before last.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Jordysghost wrote:I was just joking anyways, but Jones set his career high in receptions with the Raiders, and only got cut due to contract issues, the Giants also let him go in light of their young WR core and I think that was a mistake, he was arguably their best WR this preseaon.

I think hes pretty good, led the league in TD just a season before last.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's THAT good. I haven't watched enough of him lately, but I just don't think three teams would let him walk in little over a year if he was as good as he's looked at times in Green Bay.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's THAT good. I haven't watched enough of him lately, but I just don't think three teams would let him walk in little over a year if he was as good as he's looked at times in Green Bay.
His contract was the Raiders issue, the Giants releasing him was something of a head scratcher, as I said he was there best preseason WR but they have alot of young talent. But I get you, DK.

Personally I think the Packers are much better judges of WR talent then either of those teams.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

ugh, its sickening to think of how much better the packers are. I loathe aaron rodgers, but the Vikings really suck and aren't even competition for GB. Pathetic.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

fiestavike wrote:ugh, its sickening to think of how much better the packers are. I loathe aaron rodgers, but the Vikings really suck and aren't even competition for GB. Pathetic.
I agree. You know the saying 'jealousy breeds contempt'. GB just gets the job done. Picking up JJ was huge for them. He is one great route running.