Jordy Nelson ACL injury

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Jordy Nelson ACL injury

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Yea for sure. But hey, thats the NFL, you gotta feel for the Panthers losing Benjamin as well.

The really annoying part is it wont be confirmed either way until the MRI is back, I think most expect it to be an ACL tear but id rather just know for certain at this point. Ill continue to vehemently hope for the best.

You guys are sheer class, btw. :)
Thanks.:)

In the end, as much as we all love football, it's a game. It would be better if nobody ever got hurt playing it. I'll be hoping the official diagnosis of Nelson's injury is something much less severe.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Tough loss but the Packers have Lacy and the best QB in the league. I don't think they slow down much. Rodgers will just spread it around more.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:Tough loss but the Packers have Lacy and the best QB in the league. I don't think they slow down much. Rodgers will just spread it around more.
That was my thought too. Rodgers could get the job done even if he had Troy Williamson, Kent Hrbek, Lucy Liu, and Norm Peterson as his WRs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jordysghost wrote: Again they are still waiting for confirmation, but your right its like wtf.
Basically the same thing with Loadholt's injury... :-(

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Yeah, that really sucks for the Packers. It takes a dimension from their offense, for sure. They still have a lot of talent, though, so it's not like they aren't still very serious contenders.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Were all hoping for good news on his MRI tommorow. I hope Lombardi's up there pleading Jordy's case with God.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Basically the same thing with Loadholt's injury... :-(

Yea, I know. Frikin injuries man. :(
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Watch the Vikes cut Thielman and Rodgers will make him into a Pro Bowler :nono:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Did something happen to Rodgers too? Heard he had hand/arm wrapped or something.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Tough blow for Green Bay. Hate to see those season-ending injuries.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Did something happen to Rodgers too? Heard he had hand/arm wrapped or something.
I'd like to make a non-football related injury joke, but it seems inappropriate given the class so far exhibited in this thread...

...they are still our rivals aren't they? :wink:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:Did something happen to Rodgers too? Heard he had hand/arm wrapped or something.
Yup bruised his hand, he was actually taken out early because of it. McCarthy stated he would have easily stayed in had it been a regular season game, in addition 1st round Corner Demarius Randall was carted off and later returned to the game, and TJ Lang might be concussed.

Moral to the story: The Steelers should fix that #### #### brown field of theirs. :thumbsup:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: I'd like to make a non-football related injury joke, but it seems inappropriate given the class so far exhibited in this thread...

...they are still our rivals aren't they? :wink:
Lol your not going to offend me bud, go right ahead, knock yourself out. :lol: :D
sonicology
Backup

Post by sonicology »

Horrible news, surprised myself actually at how bad I feel about this considering it's a divisional rival and all.

Is it my imagination, or are there more injuries than usual this preseason?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: That was my thought too. Rodgers could get the job done even if he had Troy Williamson, Kent Hrbek, Lucy Liu, and Norm Peterson as his WRs.

Lol. Liu maybe. But Norm?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014