View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jordy Nelson ACL injury 
Transition Player

Post Jordy Nelson ACL injury
I dont like to see people get hurt, but they are saying Jordy tore his ACL today. Huge loss for the packers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -torn-acl/

Last edited by MichViking on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:05 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Post Re: Jordy Nelson ACL injury
Yikes! That is devastating for sure! I hate season ending injuries especially if they happen in the preseason.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player

I have always liked Jordy Nelson, but unfortunately he has been on the one team I cannot root for. But yes if true, the packers offense is definitely not as good. He has always torched the Vikings.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:10 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I remember a lot of guys on this board wanting to draft Jordy. He's proven to be a good WR....wishing him the best.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:17 pm
Career Elite Player

Man, that sucks. I hope Nelson is OK. Best case scenario, just a sprained ligament or something.

Opens up a door for Davante Adams, if true. I think he's going to be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:21 pm
All Pro Elite Player

The Vikings fan in me sorta feels better now about the Packer match up.

But the person and the NFL fan in me feels awful. That is terrible and I hope he recovers quickly.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:26 pm
Transition Player

Yeah but being the packers, having Aaron Rodgers and all, I'm sure there will be a new breakout wideout for the pack this year. My guess..Ty Montgomery. But I also see A-rods INT # going up slightly as well with new WR growing pains. They will still be an above average offense.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:29 pm
Packers Suck

Not confirmed yet, but still, #### me sideways.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:40 pm
Packers Suck

MichViking wrote:
Yeah but being the packers, having Aaron Rodgers and all, I'm sure there will be a new breakout wideout for the pack this year. My guess..Ty Montgomery. But I also see A-rods INT # going up slightly as well with new WR growing pains. They will still be an above average offense.

Yea i still dont see us falling out of the top 5 offenses, but if it really is his acl its frustrating because i believe this offense had the potential to be one of the best ever.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:49 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Oh yeah, they will still be good, just maybe from a 95% to a 89%...

Edit.

I just watched the play... I cant even tell how or when it happens. Total freak accident.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:56 pm
Packers Suck

IrishViking wrote:

Edit.

I just watched the play... I cant even tell how or when it happens. Total freak accident.

Again they are still waiting for confirmation, but your right its like wtf.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:58 pm
Career Elite Player

I think Adams will have a lot of success. They'll prolly be slightly less efficient, but they do still have the best player in the NFL.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm
Packers Suck

frosted wrote:
I think Adams will have a lot of success. They'll prolly be slightly less efficient, but they do still have the best player in the NFL.

Yea after dealing with 15 starters on ir in 2010, and then later Rodgers collarbone in 2013 its hard to get too down, but ugh its frustrating when maybe your favorite player possibly tears his acl.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:13 pm
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
frosted wrote:

Yea after dealing with 15 starters on ir in 2010, and then later Rodgers collarbone in 2013 its hard to get too down, but ugh its frustrating when maybe your favorite player possibly tears his acl.

I understand. I heard the news on the radio a little while ago and immediately thought of you. It's lousy news. :(

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:18 pm
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
frosted wrote:

I understand. I heard the news on the radio a little while ago and immediately thought of you. It's lousy news. :(

Yea for sure. But hey, thats the NFL, you gotta feel for the Panthers losing Benjamin as well.

The really annoying part is it wont be confirmed either way until the MRI is back, I think most expect it to be an ACL tear but id rather just know for certain at this point. Ill continue to vehemently hope for the best.

You guys are sheer class, btw. :)

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:27 pm
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
Yea for sure. But hey, thats the NFL, you gotta feel for the Panthers losing Benjamin as well.

The really annoying part is it wont be confirmed either way until the MRI is back, I think most expect it to be an ACL tear but id rather just know for certain at this point. Ill continue to vehemently hope for the best.

You guys are sheer class, btw. :)

Thanks.:)

In the end, as much as we all love football, it's a game. It would be better if nobody ever got hurt playing it. I'll be hoping the official diagnosis of Nelson's injury is something much less severe.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:40 pm
Career Elite Player

Tough loss but the Packers have Lacy and the best QB in the league. I don't think they slow down much. Rodgers will just spread it around more.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:53 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote:
Tough loss but the Packers have Lacy and the best QB in the league. I don't think they slow down much. Rodgers will just spread it around more.

That was my thought too. Rodgers could get the job done even if he had Troy Williamson, Kent Hrbek, Lucy Liu, and Norm Peterson as his WRs.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

Jordysghost wrote:
IrishViking wrote:

Edit.

Again they are still waiting for confirmation, but your right its like wtf.

Basically the same thing with Loadholt's injury... :-(

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

Yeah, that really sucks for the Packers. It takes a dimension from their offense, for sure. They still have a lot of talent, though, so it's not like they aren't still very serious contenders.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:59 pm
Packers Suck

Were all hoping for good news on his MRI tommorow. I hope Lombardi's up there pleading Jordy's case with God.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm
Packers Suck

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Basically the same thing with Loadholt's injury... :-(

Yea, I know. Frikin injuries man. :(

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:15 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Watch the Vikes cut Thielman and Rodgers will make him into a Pro Bowler :nono:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 pm
Commissioner

Did something happen to Rodgers too? Heard he had hand/arm wrapped or something.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:50 pm
Hall of Famer

Tough blow for Green Bay. Hate to see those season-ending injuries.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:51 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Did something happen to Rodgers too? Heard he had hand/arm wrapped or something.

I'd like to make a non-football related injury joke, but it seems inappropriate given the class so far exhibited in this thread...

...they are still our rivals aren't they? :wink:

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:53 pm
Packers Suck

dead_poet wrote:

Yup bruised his hand, he was actually taken out early because of it. McCarthy stated he would have easily stayed in had it been a regular season game, in addition 1st round Corner Demarius Randall was carted off and later returned to the game, and TJ Lang might be concussed.

Moral to the story: The Steelers should fix that #### #### brown field of theirs. :thumbsup:

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:06 pm
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

I'd like to make a non-football related injury joke, but it seems inappropriate given the class so far exhibited in this thread...

...they are still our rivals aren't they? :wink:

Lol your not going to offend me bud, go right ahead, knock yourself out. :lol: :D

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:13 pm
Backup

Horrible news, surprised myself actually at how bad I feel about this considering it's a divisional rival and all.

Is it my imagination, or are there more injuries than usual this preseason?

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:38 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

That was my thought too. Rodgers could get the job done even if he had Troy Williamson, Kent Hrbek, Lucy Liu, and Norm Peterson as his WRs.

Lol. Liu maybe. But Norm?

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next