Jordy Nelson ACL injury

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

MichViking
Transition Player

Jordy Nelson ACL injury

Post by MichViking »

I dont like to see people get hurt, but they are saying Jordy tore his ACL today. Huge loss for the packers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -torn-acl/
Last edited by MichViking on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Jordy Nelson ACL injury

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Yikes! That is devastating for sure! I hate season ending injuries especially if they happen in the preseason.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
MichViking
Transition Player

Post by MichViking »

I have always liked Jordy Nelson, but unfortunately he has been on the one team I cannot root for. But yes if true, the packers offense is definitely not as good. He has always torched the Vikings.
RIP Sean Taylor
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I remember a lot of guys on this board wanting to draft Jordy. He's proven to be a good WR....wishing him the best.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Man, that sucks. I hope Nelson is OK. Best case scenario, just a sprained ligament or something.

Opens up a door for Davante Adams, if true. I think he's going to be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

The Vikings fan in me sorta feels better now about the Packer match up.

But the person and the NFL fan in me feels awful. That is terrible and I hope he recovers quickly.
MichViking
Transition Player

Post by MichViking »

Yeah but being the packers, having Aaron Rodgers and all, I'm sure there will be a new breakout wideout for the pack this year. My guess..Ty Montgomery. But I also see A-rods INT # going up slightly as well with new WR growing pains. They will still be an above average offense.
RIP Sean Taylor
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Not confirmed yet, but still, #### me sideways.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

MichViking wrote:Yeah but being the packers, having Aaron Rodgers and all, I'm sure there will be a new breakout wideout for the pack this year. My guess..Ty Montgomery. But I also see A-rods INT # going up slightly as well with new WR growing pains. They will still be an above average offense.
Yea i still dont see us falling out of the top 5 offenses, but if it really is his acl its frustrating because i believe this offense had the potential to be one of the best ever.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Oh yeah, they will still be good, just maybe from a 95% to a 89%...

Edit.

I just watched the play... I cant even tell how or when it happens. Total freak accident.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

IrishViking wrote:Oh yeah, they will still be good, just maybe from a 95% to a 89%...

Edit.

I just watched the play... I cant even tell how or when it happens. Total freak accident.
Again they are still waiting for confirmation, but your right its like wtf.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I think Adams will have a lot of success. They'll prolly be slightly less efficient, but they do still have the best player in the NFL.

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

frosted wrote:I think Adams will have a lot of success. They'll prolly be slightly less efficient, but they do still have the best player in the NFL.

Yea after dealing with 15 starters on ir in 2010, and then later Rodgers collarbone in 2013 its hard to get too down, but ugh its frustrating when maybe your favorite player possibly tears his acl.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: Yea after dealing with 15 starters on ir in 2010, and then later Rodgers collarbone in 2013 its hard to get too down, but ugh its frustrating when maybe your favorite player possibly tears his acl.

I understand. I heard the news on the radio a little while ago and immediately thought of you. It's lousy news. :(
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote:
I understand. I heard the news on the radio a little while ago and immediately thought of you. It's lousy news. :(
Yea for sure. But hey, thats the NFL, you gotta feel for the Panthers losing Benjamin as well.

The really annoying part is it wont be confirmed either way until the MRI is back, I think most expect it to be an ACL tear but id rather just know for certain at this point. Ill continue to vehemently hope for the best.

You guys are sheer class, btw. :)