Kevin White Bears Number 1 pick to miss season ?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Kevin White Bears Number 1 pick to miss season ?

Post by DK Sweets »

I think people are really sleeping on Eddie Royal. He's played fairly well the past two years, but by far he was at his best during the one year he spent with Cutler.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Good point Jim, if i may call you that. :thumbsup:

Of course you can call me, Jim. :)
I agree especially with their first round pick undergoing surgery. I thin Fox is a damn fine head coach and wil make the Bears a respectable football team if given the time to do so, but man, i just see a rather distinct lack of talent on their roster and I just cant see them being anything less then one of the worst teams in the league this year.
I think they might be more talented than people think, although they certainly don't look like a team with a playoff-caliber roster. It will be interesting to see how they do. I thought they actually underachieved last season so I expect them to win more games this year, despite the change in systems. They'll obviously need to stay healthy but if they do, I think 6 or 7 wins is pretty reasonable. I could even see them getting to .500 if they catch a few breaks.

Of course, it could all go wrong and they could end up a 3 win team too. I just think they're going to be more competitive than that.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: Sure he has... you didn't ask if he'd had really good seasons. :D That's debatable but there's no doubt he's played really well at times in his career.

I think the Bears ability to compete and succeed this year is probably going to have at least as much to do with their running game as with Cutler anyway. Fox is known as a coach who likes to run the ball and considering the mountain their defense needs to climb to get back to respectability, I think the Bears will probably try to lean on their running game, control the tempo of games and keep their defense off the field. Whether they can do that or not is questionable but I fully expect a big commitment to the run from Chicago this season.
I know they have matt forte, but do they have the offensive line to play that style? Last I remember they don't have a very good line.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:I know they have matt forte, but do they have the offensive line to play that style? Last I remember they don't have a very good line.
It's been getting better. I don't think they'll be able to dominate on the ground like Dallas did last year but I think they'll be able to commit to it and be effective.
sonicology
Backup

Post by sonicology »

I'd like to see us win all our divisional games this season, realistically however I'll be happy if we win out at home, lose at Lambeau & Ford and win at Soldier.

We've lost seven straight in Chicago and are 1-13 there since 2001, we need to turn that around if we're serious about reaching the play-offs this year.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

sonicology wrote:I'd like to see us win all our divisional games this season, realistically however I'll be happy if we win out at home, lose at Lambeau & Ford and win at Soldier.

We've lost seven straight in Chicago and are 1-13 there since 2001, we need to turn that around if we're serious about reaching the play-offs this year.
I'm hoping one benefit of playing all these home games outdoors is that the Vikings can improve their record in outdoor road games going forward. Its been terrible for years.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins