Tattoo question

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Tattoo question

Post by TrenchGoon »

zamboni14 wrote: she won't regret the Mickey tat because it's something she's never grown out of. It's something that will never change about her. When she's in her 60s, she'll still love watching old Mickey Mouse cartoons, she'll still purchase Mickey Mouse things, etc. That's the difference with her.
here is hoping you are right.
zamboni14 wrote: I do agree that it has become more of the "in" thing for people. The question then becomes, how many of them will regret doing it in the future? Sure the majority will regret it.. because they did it for stupid reasons,
I think we are in agreement about this point.
zamboni14 wrote: saying a girl with a tattoo is "easy" is a big stereotype. It's like saying any guy with a shaved head is a "skinhead" and racist. The lower back is probably the most popular place for a woman to get a tattoo because it's the easiest place for her to cover with almost any outfit. It's like how guys put a tattoo on their shoulders. Because of that and the idea of so many girls doing "meaningless" tattoos to "fit in" that's how the whole "tramp stamp" thing came into play. Does that make them all "easy?" Not really. I know many women with no tattoos that are MUCH easier then girls I know with tattoos.
I didn't say a girl with a tattoo IS easy. I said she will be perceived as easy, which, despite being a genralization about men, I maintain is GENERALLY true.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

TrenchGoon wrote: here is hoping you are right.
I think we are in agreement about this point.
I didn't say a girl with a tattoo IS easy. I said she will be perceived as easy, which, despite being a genralization about men, I maintain is GENERALLY true.
girls with multiple big tattoos disgust me. its kind of sexy however if they have a tiny tattoo on them however. :confused:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

TrenchGoon wrote:
...so if its not to look "cool" and "tough" why do you think there has been such an increase in the prevalence and trendiness of tattoos?

funny when i was kid you would see mostly sailors, marines, and bikers having tattoos. now its more common place. i guess its too look cool or tough. :confused: makes you look like an idiot nowadays. most people when they get old wish they would have never have gotten them.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

hibbingviking wrote:
funny when i was kid you would see mostly sailors, marines, and bikers having tattoos. now its more common place. i guess its too look cool or tough. :confused: makes you look like an idiot nowadays. most people when they get old wish they would have never have gotten them.
Yeah, I'm sure it looks horrible next to all that wrinkly skin and liver spots. :lol:
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

Demi wrote: Yeah, I'm sure it looks horrible next to all that wrinkly skin and liver spots. :lol:
what if you got a tattoo of wrinkled skin and liver spots? :confused:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

zamboni14 wrote: what if you got a tattoo of wrinkled skin and liver spots? :confused:
Then you'll surely be the coolest toughest geriatric on the block.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

IMO unless you get one with meaning to you.. in the end you regret it.. like the barbwire bicep tattoo...

To me, you might as well ink D BAG on your face, if your going to get something like that.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Dude, did you just necrobump a 5 year old thread?