Four pro bowl level guys suspended, to start the season

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Four pro bowl level guys suspended, to start the season

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:So giving 40 plus points in the most critical game of the year 3/5 times isn't important ?

I am not saying you don't have good players .. Unless something has changed, your back up can't win games
your coaching staff won't run the ball enough. Your defense is slow and has serious trouble with speed, the Vikings have the fastest group of wide outs in the NFL
not to mention Peterson. The two reasons your defense stats are inflated. You play in poor division for the last half decade.
Childress and Frazier have both stunk. Bears have been going south for 8-10 years. Detroit just turns the ball over and gets idiotic
penalties, which cost them games. Your offense hides your defense based off of oppents becoming passing attack, trying to keep up.
When you get in the playoffs good defenses with good talent slow down Rodgers and company and your defense can't slow down
or stop teams from scoring. I.E. 51 points allowed 171 yards rushing for a QB NFL all time record. etc etc

In 2010 Bret didn't want to play that was Childress trying to hold onto his job.

Honestly in a better division the Packers would miss the playoffs a lot IMO.

IMO every team in the NFC west is better than most NFC teams... SF might be in rebuilding mode
but giving up 171 yards against a QB ? please defend your defense on that game.

The fact is when you get to a good team that can score or play lock down defense.
Christan Ponder is a horrible QB. Even he could score 20 plus points against your slow defense.

Minnesota is improving rapidly and IMO will own the division 4 out of the next 6 seasons
The Bears stink and are making a lot the same mistakes the Raiders have done, in the last decade.
Detroit has Talent, but they just find ways to self destruct, and turn the ball over in key moments

BTW I am not calling you names, I am just stating facts about your team. You don't know me, or anything about me
,so don't assume you do.
Our back up who has never played in the NFL cant win games? How do you know this? Hell our back up in 2013 won games.. enough to get to the playoffs.

You seem to be confused and think this is 2012 or something. Dude, who cares what the 2012 Packers D (Which was statistically better then their Vikings counterparts that year) accomplished or didn't accomplish? The 2012 Packers D is gone forever and completely irrelevant to the success of the 2015 D. You may want to recheck the stats on how often the Packers run the ball these days, your info is quite outdated, running to little hasn't been a concern of ours since we drafted Lacy.

BTW, you are aware that the NFC north has actually been pretty decent these past few years, right? Putting out two playoff teams every year from 09 to 12 is pretty good, I also think you are going to have hard time convincing anybody that NFC north Offenses haven't been at least somewhat impressive, AP, CJ, the Bears even had a dangerous one for a minute. What has given you the impression that the NFC west has been some juggernaut of a division? The winning percentages disagree with you, and I think the Packers would consistently make the playoffs in any division in football, let alone one that put out 2 playoff teams every year (Including a NFCCG matchup between said teams) for four straight years, the North.

Lmao oh yea dude Favre totally didn't want to play, that's why he played. :roll: Favre was always ready to play against the Packers, but the first two worked out for him a lot better then the last two. Are you actually trying to imply that Favre stayed so Chilly could try and keep his job? Oh how nice of ol Brent to do that! :lol: Nah, Favre wanted one more go at a ring and learned much to late that he should have just quit while he was ahead.

Saying our Defense is slow shows me that you don't even watch the units that you are critiquing, our D isn't perfect, but slow it is not, in fact, athleticism is BY FAR their biggest asset. Sheilds is one of the few corners who can run stride for stride with Wallace all the way down the field, as he did in Super Bowl XLV, and Randall and Rollins both have serious speed as well, then there is Casey Hayward who is fast as hell and graded out as a top boundary corner in the league last year despite being brought up mostly in the slot, then there is also our nickel and punt return stud Micah Hyde, HaHa Clinton-Dix is already among the rangier safteys in the league.. you really couldn't have been more wrong, this defense isn't slow by and rational stretch of the imagination, you do have some fast WRs ill give you that, but even in terms of raw speed, I think the Packers WR corps is not far behind, (though id have to look up the 40 times to be sure), and talent wise is far superior, IMO. Not trying to be mean but you should seriously do research before making bold statements that don't hold up under scrutiny.

A good team that can score and play good defense? Like the 2010 Steelers?? Or the 2015 Cowboys? Both of those teams clearly fit the bill, and the Packers were able to get by them, just as they got by the 2015 Patriots who would ultimately go on to capture themselves a title. Again, the statements that you vehemently insist to be facts just don't hold up under scrutiny.

Hey whatever man, you think Minny will own the division 4 out of the next 6 years, and that's your opinion and I respect it, but it is just that, an opinion. I think the Packers are the best team in the NFL and were one injury to Aaron away from easily steamrolling our way to another title, and that we are going to absolutely wreck the league this year, but alas, that is just my opinion, and I wouldn't try to present it as fact, as you are doing with your opinions. And jsuk, I believe the Vikings to have very good chance at competing with the Packers for the division title as well, which really should go to show how highly I view them that I think they have they have a chance at dislodging a team who in my own words I hailed as the best team in the league.

I didn't call you names either, and would you please enlighten me as to what brought forth this sudden flurry of opinions? I definitely don't mind, I always enjoy intelligent debate but Im curious what set you off so much that you found it necessary to start slinging criticisms of the Packers my way, again, I enjoy the debate, just curious what set it off?

And again, opinions and facts are two vastly different things Jackal what you call "Facts about my team" I call "Opinions and rationalizations against my team."
Last edited by Jordysghost on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Just a friendly disclaimer to Vikes fans, I wasn't trying to run my mouth about my team or their accomplishments or anything like that, just trying to engage Jackal in the discussion he raised.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Lmao oh yea dude Favre totally didn't want to play, that's why he played. :roll: Favre was always ready to play against the Packers, but the first two worked out for him a lot better then the last two. Are you actually trying to imply that Favre stayed so Chilly could try and keep his job? Oh how nice of ol Brent to do that! :lol: Nah, Favre wanted one more go at a ring and learned much to late that he should have just quit while he was ahead.
Woah, there mr defensive, dont make me cry too hard now :lol:. What does ANY of that have to do with what we were discussing? Ill address the points you raise, but I will once again point out that nothing you said has anything to do with the thread topic, or what we were discussing.
Yes sir you did call me Captain Defensive. Your responses were incredibly sarcastic such as, "don't make me cry too hard now:LOL".

You comments made many assumptions about what I thought, or believed. You also made assumptions about Farve, the player your team
just retired his number. Trust me, Farve didn't want to come back in 2010 and several of the Vikings players flew in the owners jet to get
him to come back. When teams set all time records in yards, such as 171 rushing yards. I think a fan such as myself has a right to question
the speed of your defense without snarky icons and comments. I am done with speaking to you sir, you are not my worth my time.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Yes sir you did call me Captain Defensive. Your responses were incredibly sarcastic such as, "don't make me cry too hard now:LOL".

You comments made many assumptions about what I thought, or believed. You also made assumptions about Farve, the player your team
just retired his number. Trust me, Farve didn't want to come back in 2010 and several of the Vikings players flew in the owners jet to get
him to come back. When teams set all time records in yards, such as 171 rushing yards. I think a fan such as myself has a right to question
the speed of your defense without snarky icons and comments. I am done with speaking to you sir, you are not my worth my time.
You WERE defensive, you exploded into a random tirade about something that had absolutely zero to do with what we were discussing, or the thread topic, nothing at all.

He obviously wanted to come back, or he wouldnt have. You think him being undecided shortly prior to the season means he didnt want to come back? :roll: That was hardly uncharted territory for him by this point. :lol:

I didnt make any assumptions as to what you beleived, I went solely on the issues you brought up, and the opinions you directly stated to me as your opinion.

(Facepalm) Is it 2012? Why do you keep pointing to a game in 2012 as proof that our D is slow? Do you know what a draft is?

Im kind of dissapointed that your going to defensivly throw a bunch of opinions at me, that have nothing to do with what we were discussing or the point of the thread, present them as fact with little to no evidence, and then get mad at me for rebuking them, and then storm away from the subject matter that you so randomly brought up.

This all coming after you accuse me of saying something that I never once in my life said. (That Packers dont get in trouble.)
But no worries man.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purpnation?
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

frosted wrote:Purpnation?
Totes. lol.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Funkytown wrote: Totes. lol.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Image
I think frosted is trolling me for the fact that im a Packers fan and a poster named purpnation put down the same first name in the first name basis thread, im not quite clear on if he is trying to be funny or what, but thats not exactly grade A trolling material.