Four pro bowl level guys suspended, to start the season

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

A. Gates TE suspended for the first four games of this season. The Vikings play SD in one of these weeks.
this should really effect the Chargers offense.

Rolondo McClain MLB Suspended first for games. Greg Hardy is also suspended for ten weeks for domestic
Violence while playing for Panthers. Two of the four games are divisional games ...

Sheldon Richardson DT Suspended for first four games of season.

D. Jones DE pass rusher Green Bay Packers suspended for four games
of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... the-damage
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Four pro bowl level guys suspended, to start the season

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I read that. Idiots. I'm glad no Vikings were affected (yet).
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I read that. Idiots. I'm glad no Vikings were affected (yet).

yeah I think the Vikings finally changed the culture ...between all the bye week incidents and
off season actually the team has done very well since Zimmer got here..
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Jones is only suspended one game, not like he makes much a difference.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Jones is only suspended one game, not like he makes much a difference.
A little inconsistent with your comments about packers being a quality organization and its players never
being in trouble a few months back. I'm not saying you guys have the troubles some teams do;however,
the packers are not the little small town owned fantasy land of old.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

It's marijuana. Half of this board has smoked it in the past year. I'm not gonna harsh on him too much...he got caught and it's still illegal, so a slap on the wrist was in order. Time to move on...

[Edit:] I hope that doesn't sound rude. I just truly don't think it's a big deal.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: A little inconsistent with your comments about packers being a quality organization and its players never
being in trouble a few months back. I'm not saying you guys have the troubles some teams do;however,
the packers are not the little small town owned fantasy land of old.
Why are you making up bullcrap? I never said that Packers never got in trouble, what the hell are you talking about?

Btw, when were the Packers a "Small town fantasy land", and what do you mean by it? Because I assure you that they are still very much small town owned. Not that GB is the tiny little village it is embellished to be, you would thinki it was only like 3000 people the way people talk about it.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:It's marijuana. Half of this board has smoked it in the past year. I'm not gonna harsh on him too much...he got caught and it's still illegal, so a slap on the wrist was in order. Time to move on...

[Edit:] I hope that doesn't sound rude. I just truly don't think it's a big deal.
Hell i took a hit immediatly prior to reading this.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Why are you making up bullcrap? I never said that Packers never got in trouble, what the hell are you talking about?

Btw, when were the Packers a "Small town fantasy land", and what do you mean by it? Because I assure you that they are still very much small town owned. Not that GB is the tiny little village it is embellished to be, you would thinki it was only like 3000 people the way people talk about it.
Yeah I think it was a Peterson thread or deflagate thread and you commented on the quality of the Packers versus other organizations.

What I mean by the small town fantasy is the media bias on the Packers. Madden and bunch of other commentators give the Packers, Cowboys and now Patriots far
too much credit. Football roots actually are based much deeper in Cleveland than Green Bay.

From what the Vikings fans tell me most GB are cool to deal with. I still, am tried of the bias and NFL kissing up
to certain franchises.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Yeah I think it was a Peterson thread or deflagate thread and you commented on the quality of the Packers versus other organizations.

What I mean by the small town fantasy is the media bias on the Packers. Madden and bunch of other commentators give the Packers, Cowboys and now Patriots far
too much credit. Football roots actually are based much deeper in Cleveland than Green Bay.

From what the Vikings fans tell me most GB are cool to deal with. I still, am tried of the bias and NFL kissing up
to certain franchises.
No I didnt. Not once.

Dont confuse giving credit where credit is due for kissing up, the Packers and Cowboys success both warrant a certain amount of recognition. And yea, Cleveland does have a great tradition, and they would be talked about in a similar GB is had they won as many Championships.

Btw, I dont agree with your assesment, I think the Packers have a deeper and more intense connection to football and the fans then Cleveland does, partially because they have been around longer and are more succesful, but also because the Packers have sold out every game since the 1960's, im not even sure if the Browns sold out every game of last season.

Oh and yea, the fail mary (The whole game not just the one play.) really showed me how much the NFL loves and is bias for the Packers :roll: . You can see whatever you want to see, but that doesnt mean it hold any water.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I think he's referring to the Randy Moss thread where you said that something like the mooning incident wouldn't happen in Green Bay.

I'm also checking out of this conversation, I was just connecting dots for clarity's sake.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Btw, I dont agree with your assesment, I think the Packers have a deeper and more intense connection to football and the fans then Cleveland does, partially because they are have been around longer and are more succesful, but also because the Packers have sold out every game since the 1960's, im not even sure if the Browns sold out every game of last season.

Oh and yea, the fail mary (The whole game not just the one play.) really showed me how much the NFL loves and is bias for the Packers. You can see whatever you want to see, but that doesnt mean it hold any water.
Okay lets look at some recent history

SF QB runs for what 171 yards against your awesome defense ... yep
2014 against Seattle 28 points allowed
2013 against 49ers 45 points allowed
2011 Giants 37 points allowed
2009 Cardinals 51 points allowed

Shoot even Christan Ponder was able to almost score thirty against you guys... and he sucks very very bad

Yeah I don't know what I am talking about ... Your team has really great pass offense and a substandard defense...
Without Rodgers you guys wouldn't even be 500...Did your team fix the back up QB spot ? nope kept the same guy
who couldn't move the ball at all......

I can't wait for the next few years when Bridgewater gets to be a great QB ... were going to sweep your team
just like Uncle Bret did in 2009 ....
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:I think he's referring to the Randy Moss thread where you said that something like the mooning incident wouldn't happen in Green Bay.

I'm also checking out of this conversation, I was just connecting dots for clarity's sake.
Nope, never said that, reread the thread if youd like.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Okay lets look at some recent history

SF QB runs for what 171 yards against your awesome defense ... yep
2014 against Seattle 28 points allowed
2013 against 49ers 45 points allowed
2011 Giants 37 points allowed
2009 Cardinals 51 points allowed

Shoot even Christan Ponder was able to almost score thirty against you guys... and he sucks very very bad

Yeah I don't know what I am talking about ... Your team has really great pass offense and a substandard defense...
Without Rodgers you guys wouldn't even be 500...Did your team fix the back up QB spot ? nope kept the same guy
who couldn't move the ball at all......

I can't wait for the next few years when Bridgewater gets to be a great QB ... were going to sweep your team
just like Uncle Bret did in 2009 ....
Woah, there mr defensive, dont make me cry too hard now :lol:. What does ANY of that have to do with what we were discussing? Ill address the points you raise, but I will once again pointout that nothing you said has anything to do with the thread topic, or what we were discussing.

Our substandard D was top 5 in 2009 and 2010, 11th ranked in 2012 and 15th last year (The Packers points allowed average was 21.8, right behind the Vikings at 21.4), combine that with the 2011 and 2013, the only two substandard years in Capers time here, you get not great, but certainly not terrible.

What are you talking about with the whole backup QB thing? In 2013 we signed Flynn who ended up going 2-2-1 and did enough to keep us in playoff contention, and this year we drafted Brett Hundley to compete with Tolzein, who admittedly struggled in 2013 but we knew he was developmental from the start. Playing 500. ball with Matt Flynn is pretty ok to me.

Are you really talking crap about a game from 2012? (Facepalm)

Really? The Packers rely on their 100 million $ cap space eating franchise QB to get them to where they want to be? INCREDIBLE! Thanks for that brilliant deduction. Either way he has been enough for his team to capture a title. You are also blatantly ignoring a wealth of organizational talent but this isnt really the place for me to rattle off a bunch of names, unless you want me to that is.

Uncle Brent lost the last two games he faced off against his former team, not talking crap, just pointing out a flaw your defensive chest thumping.

I definitly think Bridge will be a very good QB, though i dont think you guys will get until the upperhand at least until Rodgers is retired, that doesnt mean I dont see the Vikes as a threat to the division crown, because I do, in fact I think you are one of the fastest rising organizations in the league, but the Packers are one of the most consistantly winning teams in the league and I think if Aaron Rodgers didnt get hobbled the 2015 Packers easily cruise to a SB win, but just like your theory on the NFL being bias in favor of the Packers, it is just a persons opinion, and you shouldnt get so defensive when someone disagrees with yours.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

So giving 40 plus points in the most critical game of the year 3/5 times isn't important ?

I am not saying you don't have good players .. Unless something has changed, your back up can't win games
your coaching staff won't run the ball enough.
Woah, there mr defensive, dont make me cry too hard now :lol:. What does ANY of that have to do with what we were discussing?
Ill address the points you raise, but I will once again pointout that nothing you said has anything to do with the thread topic, or what we were discussing. Our substandard D was top 5 in 2009 and 2010, 11th ranked in 2012 and 15th last year (The Packers points allowed average was 21.8, right behind the Vikings at 21.4), combine that with the 2011 and 2013, the only two substandard years in Capers time here, you get not great, but certainly not terrible.
Your defense is slow and has serious trouble with speed, the Vikings have the fastest group of wide outs in the NFL
not to mention Peterson. The two reasons your defense stats are inflated. You play in poor division for the last half decade.
Childress and Frazier have both stunk. Bears have been going south for 8-10 years. Detroit just turns the ball over and gets idiotic
penalties, which cost them games. Your offense hides your defense based off of oppents becoming passing attack, trying to keep up.
When you get in the playoffs good defenses with good talent slow down Rodgers and company and your defense can't slow down
or stop teams from scoring. I.E. 51 points allowed 171 yards rushing for a QB NFL all time record. etc etc

In 2010 Bret didn't want to play that was Childress trying to hold onto his job.

Honestly in a better division the Packers would miss the playoffs a lot IMO.

IMO every team in the NFC west is better than most NFC teams... SF might be in rebuilding mode
but giving up 171 yards against a QB ? please defend your defense on that game.

The fact is when you get to a good team that can score or play lock down defense.
Christan Ponder is a horrible QB. Even he could score 20 plus points against your slow defense.

Minnesota is improving rapidly and IMO will own the division 4 out of the next 6 seasons
The Bears stink and are making a lot the same mistakes the Raiders have done, in the last decade.
Detroit has Talent, but they just find ways to self destruct, and turn the ball over in key moments

BTW I am not calling you names, I am just stating facts about your team. You don't know me, or anything about me
,so don't assume you do.