Favre To have number 4 retired

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Favre To have number 4 retired

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote: That's a great question. I know the 49ers do (Montana, Young, Tittle). The Steelers have Bradshaw, Len Dawson and Bobby Lane.

If you toss in Arnie Herber, the Packers have FOUR.

Of course, it also depends on how you classify some of them as not all played their entire careers for the same team.

I had to look after I posted that and was surprised to see the Pack had another in Herber.

I consider Bobby Lane a Lion and Dawson a Chief......

Then I would alter the question to only include the superbowl era.

The Colts will have had Unitas, Manning and Luck.
A few teams with two guys......but the niners have 3 already inducted.(well, I guess Tittle is not exactly superbowl era)
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:The Colts will have had Unitas, Manning and Luck.
It may be getting a little too far out in front of things to consider Luck HOF-caliber. We're still pretty early in his career. He's good, no doubt, and he appears to be on that general path, but he'll have to accomplish a lot more to be HOF-worthy.

Sorry to nit-pick, it just seems premature to me. :)

Jim
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote: It may be getting a little too far out in front of things to consider Luck HOF-caliber. We're still pretty early in his career. He's good, no doubt, and he appears to be on that general path, but he'll have to accomplish a lot more to be HOF-worthy.

Sorry to nit-pick, it just seems premature to me. :)

Jim
Yeah...it's premature for sure. I think it's because I've been hearing about how wonderful he is since he was in college...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:Yeah...it's premature for sure. I think it's because I've been hearing about how wonderful he is since he was in college...
Well, he does have that beard... ;)
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Just for Moth, really...

Brett Favre Says He Could Still Play In the NFL
“I think I could play,” Favre said. “As far as throwing. Of course, we’re not trying to start some he’s-coming-out-of-retirement deal.”

“Do I think I could play and lead a team? Look, no. But I could play. I could make all the throws I made before, I just couldn’t throw it near as far, but that never matters anyway.”
Like, maybe if you needed Favre for one game he could go out there and make the throws and get you through the game. But playing an entire season? Even Favre isn’t delusional enough to believe he could pull that off.

So, something for Rick Spielman to keep in mind. Like what if the Vikings get to the playoffs and God forbid Teddy Bridgewater gets hurt and for some reason the team doesn’t have faith in Shaun Hill. Maybe give old Brett a call in that situation?

Old Brett can still get you one win if you need it.
Link: http://thevikingage.com/2015/06/30/bret ... ers-video/

*waits for my warning/ban message* 8)
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

So...Favre as our backup now? ;)
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Funkytown wrote:Just for Moth, really...

Brett Favre Says He Could Still Play In the NFL
Link: http://thevikingage.com/2015/06/30/bret ... ers-video/

*waits for my warning/ban message* 8)
:rofl:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He probably could play decent but he wouldn't win games on his own ...much...

Farve played when QB's got hit ... not like today.. He did it very well and played a huge number of games
in a row. He gave us one really fun year and we got close.. I blame Chili for not forcing A.P. to learn to hold the
ball better. The refs allowed the Saints to roll his legs and hit him all game as well.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!