49ers

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: 49ers

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:I don't think that at all. I view the 49ers as one of the few "locks" on our schedule.
I whole heartedly disagree, and i think the Niners might just surprise you guys week one, time will tell though.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Which positions do you think they are more talented in?
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Which positions do you think they are more talented in?
Im a little unclear on what your asking me, where do I think they have improved from last year? Or where do I think they are more talented than the Vikings?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Im a little unclear on what your asking me, where do I think they have improved from last year? Or where do I think they are more talented than the Vikings?
I'm trying to think what position I would take the 9ers player over the Vikings player. Probably some spots on the O-line. I don't know their roster well enough I guess, but most of the names I was familiar with are no longer on the team.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Jordysghost wrote: Im a little unclear on what your asking me, where do I think they have improved from last year? Or where do I think they are more talented than the Vikings?
Sorry, that post was unclear. Long weekend.

Which positions on the 49ers do you think have improved since last year?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

They lost two starting LB including an all pro
There starting Pro Bowl level LG (I think)
Starting DT and lost one more DT last season for criminal offenses
One Wide Out at least
Frank Gore
Two secondary players

Coaching staff changes and the tuffest division in Football

They will be lucky to win five games next season...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

jackal wrote:They lost two starting LB including an all pro
One Wide Out at least
Frank Gore
Two secondary players

Yes but according to a Packer fan they will probably beat us :yawn:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purple bruise wrote:Yes but according to a Packer fan they will probably beat us :yawn:
He's also said he thinks our team can compete for the division. I don't think this prediction is a bias against the Vikings, he just thinks the 49ers will be better.

I disagree with that for many of the reasons jackal brought up, but I don't think his opinion should be devalued just because he's a Packers fan.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Sorry, that post was unclear. Long weekend.

Which positions on the 49ers do you think have improved since last year?
I have to admit to you, your point is well taken, i dont think i truly understood exactly how much they lost until Jackal so graciuosly pointed out above many of their key losses. I havent been following their offseason as well as i apparently thought i was.

Now that said, i still do believe the Niners to have severely under acheived last year, and I think that Kap is a million times better then he played, there O line is still solid and i think that Reggie Bush is a very interesting fit for them. But most of it comes down to Kap and the fact that I think he really has the capabalility to be a franchise player.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Purple bruise wrote: Yes but according to a Packer fan they will probably beat us :yawn:
What Packers fan? Certainly not me, I said they might suprise you, not probably beat you.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Jordysghost wrote:I have to admit to you, your point is well taken, i dont think i truly understood exactly how much they lost until Jackal so graciuosly pointed out above many of their key losses. I havent been following their offseason as well as i apparently thought i was.

Now that said, i still do believe the Niners to have severely under acheived last year, and I think that Kap is a million times better then he played, there O line is still solid and i think that Reggie Bush is a very interesting fit for them. But most of it comes down to Kap and the fact that I think he really has the capabalility to be a franchise player.
This is what I find the most telling about the 49ers: two and a half years ago when they went to the Super Bowl, they had 15 CBs/WRs on the roster. Out of those players, Tramaine Brock is the only one remaining. Out of their 11 defensive starters, 3 remain. Out of the offensive players who touched the ball, Kaep and Vernon Davis are the only ones still on the roster. The young head coach who brought them back from a decade of mediocrity is gone.

Now, I'm not going to say they haven't replaced any of those starters with good players, but the entire identity of that team is gone. 8 players are all that remain. And honestly, how much can you rely on Aldon Smith and Navorro Bowman at this point?

I'm not a 49er hater by any means, but until they show me otherwise, I don't see any reason to fear this team.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

jackal wrote:They lost two starting LB including an all pro
One Wide Out at least
Frank Gore
Two secondary players

They lost Crabtree, but picked up Torrey Smith.

More importantly, though, they got this guy:

Boom! 8)
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

It just looks like a train wreck at this point; players retiring and because they don't enjoy the game, anymore...(willis)

One of the most successful HC in the last five years pushed out, and media stories leaked out constantly about the
was within the organization.

The new coach does not seem like he can even speak at a one on one press conference..

I honestly think they come up last in the division next year... maybe the Ram's
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rs-retires

Another Niner leaves ... Starting RT Anthony Davis

15/53 players left from 2012 and about five coaches ....
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

What the actual ####?