Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote: It does seem odd but if you watch the video associated with the article it helps explain why the prosecutors went with the intimidation charge. It doesn't sound like it's about money.
ESPN's vids bog down my puter for some reason.
I'm sure there is some legal reason why the intimidation charge is the route to take.
My comment is just an expression of exasperation at how nuts the legal system is.
If a point blank bullet between the eyes isn't attempted murder I'm not sure what is.
I agree it's probably intimidating too.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:ESPN's vids bog down my puter for some reason.
They tend to slow my down too.

I'm sure there is some legal reason why the intimidation charge is the route to take.
My comment is just an expression of exasperation at how nuts the legal system is.
If a point blank bullet between the eyes isn't attempted murder I'm not sure what is.
I agree it's probably intimidating too.[/quote]

I would think so!

The video featured ESPN's legal analyst and he said the prosecutors in this case are trying to rebuild the credibility and veracity of the victim (Alexander Bradley, one of the witnesses to the double murder Hernandez is accused of committing). He said they're using this charge to show that Hernandez is an even worse thug than Bradley, who has multiple aliases and a long criminal record.

It sounds like they're trying to use this to help prepare Bradley for trial and make him seem more credible. I'm not sure how much sense that makes but I assume it makes sense to the prosecution.

Perhaps with a murder conviction and life sentence already in the books for Hernandez and with a trial for two other murders pending, they felt this charge was more useful in their efforts to seek a conviction on the double murder than an attempted murder charge would be...

Anyway, it doesn't sound like it's about money or privilege, just legal strategy.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Thanks for recapping that for us, Jim. I hadn't watched the video yet, either.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote:
I would think so!

The video featured ESPN's legal analyst and he said the prosecutors in this case are trying to rebuild the credibility and veracity of the victim (Alexander Bradley, one of the witnesses to the double murder Hernandez is accused of committing). He said they're using this charge to show that Hernandez is an even worse thug than Bradley, who has multiple aliases and a long criminal record.

It sounds like they're trying to use this to help prepare Bradley for trial and make him seem more credible. I'm not sure how much sense that makes but I assume it makes sense to the prosecution.

Perhaps with a murder conviction and life sentence already in the books for Hernandez and with a trial for two other murders pending, they felt this charge was more useful in their efforts to seek a conviction on the double murder than an attempted murder charge would be...

Anyway, it doesn't sound like it's about money or privilege, just legal strategy.

The angle of making the case for the double homicide stick makes a good deal of sense. I appreciate your breakdown of all that, Jim. :thumbsup:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I was happy to help, guys. :)