Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by dead_poet »

Hernandez's life is over.

He's 25.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

What a waste ... for both sides of this....

The guy would have been set for life and future generations of his family...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:Hernandez's life is over.

He's 25.
Good.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jackal wrote:What a waste ... for both sides of this....

The guy would have been set for life and future generations of his family...
Yep. The victim's family will now go after his estate and his family will have nothing when it's all done.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Cliff wrote: Good.
+1

Odin Lloyd's life was over at 27.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

DK Sweets wrote:+1

Odin Lloyd's life was over at 27.
My thoughts exactly.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:My thoughts exactly.
It's just sad all around. Apparently there wasn't even a motive? That's some cold stuff right there. And he's also going to be on trial for two other murders?

A little bittersweet that he'll be incarcerated about two miles from Gillette stadium.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: It's just sad all around. Apparently there wasn't even a motive? That's some cold stuff right there. And he's also going to be on trial for two other murders?

A little bittersweet that he'll be incarcerated about two miles from Gillette stadium.
It is sad all around but I certainly have no sympathy for a millionaire who had nothing better to do than play gangster and killed 1-3 people.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: Good.
I wouldn't say good. I'm glad justice was served but I just wish noone had to get killed in the first place. I'm not happy that Aaron Hernandez and his bad decision making has costed his child (Or children, not sure how many.) a father.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote: I wouldn't say good. I'm glad justice was served but I just wish noone had to get killed in the first place. I'm not happy that Aaron Hernandez and his bad decision making has costed his child (Or children, not sure how many.) a father.
Well, I didn't say 'good' to his actions, and yes, in my ideal world this would never have happened. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world and when someone does this kind of thing I'm happy to see them locked up. I'm saying 'good' to locking up a proven murderer for life. In my opinion his children are better off without that kind of role model, though I do feel bad for them, definitely.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: Well, I didn't say 'good' to his actions, and yes, in my ideal world this would never have happened. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world and when someone does this kind of thing I'm happy to see them locked up. I'm saying 'good' to locking up a proven murderer for life. In my opinion his children are better off without that kind of role model, though I do feel bad for them, definitely.

Oh don't get me wrong, Cliff. I know you don't condone his actions and that you don't take any pleasure at this whole situation, didn't mean to make it sound like that. :thumbsup:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Aaron Hernandez charged with witness intimidation in connection to 2012 Boston killings

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... -hernandez

So, I'm reading this article and it alleges that Hernandez pulls the car over and shoots this guy between the eyes, dumps his body and takes off. The charge is witness intimidation? WTF?

How is that not attempted murder? It is a bit intimidating too...but jeez.

I know he got life without parole.....but what is the point of this other case if they aren't going to call that attempted murder? Money?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

The Breeze wrote:So, I'm reading this article and it alleges that Hernandez pulls the car over and shoots this guy between the eyes, dumps his body and takes off. The charge is witness intimidation? WTF?

:lol:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

God bless this justice system. If you can afford a good enough attorney, shooting a guy in the face is intimidation! :rofl:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:Aaron Hernandez charged with witness intimidation in connection to 2012 Boston killings

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... -hernandez

So, I'm reading this article and it alleges that Hernandez pulls the car over and shoots this guy between the eyes, dumps his body and takes off. The charge is witness intimidation? WTF?

I know he got life without parole.....but what is the point of this other case if they aren't going to call that attempted murder? Money?
It does seem odd but if you watch the video associated with the article it helps explain why the prosecutors went with the intimidation charge. It doesn't sound like it's about money.