La'El Collins signs with Dallas

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: La'El Collins

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Are there any rumors of Viking interest?
Nope. He had a visit before all this happened.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@JosinaAnderson, La'el Collins is not the father of Brittney Mills child and Collins passed a polygraph test by independent investigator
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Too bad we drafted a few tackles, and don't need one. He will be a cheap way to address a position for some team.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@JasonLaCanfora Coveted OL La'el Collins - most coveted undrafted free agent in NFL history I imagine - is making his 1st visit... Dallas Cowboys up first
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:
so, the cowboys have a tackle spot open? :confused:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Guard probably
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The Breeze wrote: so, the cowboys have a tackle spot open? :confused:
Probably won't sign with the cowboys. I'm sure he'll want to visit a few teams and try to get a bidding war going. He'll be a fairly coveted FA and might get a pretty good deal from someone. Whoever signs him basically just got an extra first round pick. Teams are probably willing to pay well for that.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:Probably won't sign with the cowboys. I'm sure he'll want to visit a few teams and try to get a bidding war going. He'll be a fairly coveted FA and might get a pretty good deal from someone. Whoever signs him basically just got an extra first round pick. Teams are probably willing to pay well for that.
I also doubt he signs with the Cowboys either, though you wonder who was his favorite team growing up and if that has any bearing. Most likely it'll come down to playing time at the position he prefers with a contract set up so that he can maximize his earnings and become a free agent the quickest.

What Can La’El Collins Earn as an Undrafted Free Agent''

http://overthecap.com/what-can-lael-col ... ree-agent/
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@ChadSabadie Per source, Jerry Jones told La'el Collins the #Cowboys want to assemble the greatest Offensive Line ever #Dallas #LSU @FOX8NOLA #NFL
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:

That's a good hook and Jones looks to be serious based on the way they've drafted. I remember when the 'Aikman-line' played and those guys were household names. Tuinei, Stepnoski, Gogan(ugly guy), Newton.....just off the top of my head. Niners and Skins had similar versions as did the 98 Vikes.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@MichaelCauble La'el Collins & his mother met w/ Cowboys owner, coach & O-line last night. Colts trying to meet w/ him tomorrow. Falcons also in running
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

La'El Collins - T - Cowboys

Cowboys signed LSU G/T La'El Collins to a three-year contract.

The Cowboys' rich offensive line gets even richer. Speaking to Collins' unusual status as an undrafted free agent, his deal is fully guaranteed. Collins (6'5/305) earned the 2014 Jacobs Trophy as the SEC's top offensive lineman, finishing his career with 38 starts. He played left guard as a sophomore before protecting the blind side as a junior and senior. Collins was flagged for just one penalty in 2014. Although he was an excellent edge protector in college football's toughest conference, athletic limitations and 33 1/4-inch arms figure to push Collins inside to guard. In terms of pure playing ability, however, there may have been five better prospects in the 2015 draft. Collins is a brawler with pro-ready drive-blocking ability and will make an immediate impact in the run game. His signing is probably bad news for LG Ronald Leary.
Source: Charean Williams on Twitter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: La'El Collins signs with Dallas

Post by dead_poet »

Damn.
@DWolfsonKSTP Told the #Vikings "tried hard" to get OL La'el Collins. So did 24 other teams.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Damn.
Should have drafted him then.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Wow.....