Who are your draft "crushes"?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Who are your draft "crushes"?

Post by dead_poet »

This was a fun read.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/29/8 ... ed-players

All save for Rowe are also on my "crush" list. I'd replace Rowe for Kevin Johnson. I'd also add:

Todd Gurley: Best RB prospect to come out of the draft since Peterson. Runs with power, finesse and speed. Willing blocker. Decent receiver. Can play all three downs. Offensive building block defensive coordinators must plan around.

Tevin Coleman -- Fast, physical, aggressive running style. Home-run potential. Good balance (though not as great as Abdullah). Can play all three downs. Good character. Leader. Tough dude (ran second half of season with broken toe). Crazy productive (fourth fastest and the 18th FBS player to reach the 2,000-yards in a single season.). Led the country in 30-, 40-, 50- and 60-yard runs and tied for the lead in 70-, 80- and 90-yard runs. If he goes to Detroit I'll be sick.

AJ Cann -- Experienced (51 starts), tough. Strong. Surprisingly fleet-footed (4.51 in the short shuttle and a great 7.37 in the 3-cone. Only Jake Fisher and Ali Marpet posted better times at the combine amongst offensive lineman), though sometimes doesn't play that way. Run blocking gets movement. Good pad level. Anchors well. Rarely penalized. Great mentality. Instant starter. Can get caught leaning and pass protection needs refining. Could be quicker out of his stance. Scherff has a higher ceiling but Cann wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Eric Kendricks -- Instinctive, aggressive, explosive hitter. Sideline-to-sideline range. Good agility, light on his feet. Plus in pass protection. Can play all three downs. Instant major upgrade. Scheme versatile and could play several LB positions.

Cameron Erving -- Great length and foot quickness. Agile. Plays tough. Good technique even though he converted from defensive tackle to offensive tackle to center. Versatile. Can play all line positions in a pinch but better suited for the interior. Smart. Good anchor. I'd love him at LG.

Tyler Lockett -- Great route-runner. Speedy, nifty guy with quick feet. Sudden and decisive. Can get open at will at times. Good YAC ability. Can win his share of contested balls despite his size.

Tre McBride
-- Very smooth athlete with solid speed & good change of direction ability. Outstanding body control. Doesn’t lose much momentum during turns and pivots on routes. Very good separation skills. Sees the hole in zones well. Plus blocker. Good hands catcher. Accomplished kick returner.

Who are your draft crushes? They don't have to be rational.

Guy to watch as a late-rounder: A.J. Tarpley
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Re: Who are your draft "crushes"?

Post by nightowl »

Eric Kendricks makes so much sense for the Vikes, fits a need, good prospect former team mate of Barr.

I also like Tevin Coleman at RB if Peterson gets moved.

Chris Conley for Georgia as a late round WR, I admit I haven't been able to see much on him because video is scarce. He's a Freak. 6'2" 200+ 40"+ vertical leap, and roadrunner fast. What little video I saw, he needs to work on routes, but seemed to have a knack for finding holes in the defense and doing some damage.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Who are your draft "crushes"?

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Kendricks, nelson algholor, Byron jones, and kevin white.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter