Who do we draft?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Who do we draft?

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: It does have the familiar ring of a Chris Cook type player. Sadly, I think it sounds a bit like Josh Robinson too.
I'm not as down on Robinson. He had some flashes last year, and flashes of some consistency (outside of Chicago). He may never be a premiere corner but I think he could be a solid backup on the outside with improved play and another year of coaching from Zimmer.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

The player I really hope we take is Beasley. Now, it seems like he isn't a great fit, and we have a similar type player in Barr. So I think the chances we take Beasley are low. But say we do take him. That means we have a plan for how to fit Barr and Beasley into the defense. And that is a scary thought. If I somehow had the power to decide the Vikings pick, I wouldn't take him because of the fit, but I do hope our guys who know they are doing take him. I hope that makes sense.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

kurtkeoki wrote:The player I really hope we take is Beasley. Now, it seems like he isn't a great fit, and we have a similar type player in Barr. So I think the chances we take Beasley are low. But say we do take him. That means we have a plan for how to fit Barr and Beasley into the defense. And that is a scary thought. If I somehow had the power to decide the Vikings pick, I wouldn't take him because of the fit, but I do hope our guys who know they are doing take him. I hope that makes sense.
Makes total sense to me. I get the sense that a lot of us have a good amount of faith in Zimmer as a coach, especially on the defense, and that he has a very clear picture of what he needs in player attributes to most successfully run his system. I agree that Beasley, if drafted, would indicate that Zim has a plan and I would trust in that plan. In that scenario, I'd anticipate all kinds of complicated blitz packages and, in general, a D that is hard to read for opposing QBs and O Coordinators.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:I'm not as down on Robinson. He had some flashes last year, and flashes of some consistency (outside of Chicago). He may never be a premiere corner but I think he could be a solid backup on the outside with improved play and another year of coaching from Zimmer.
That Chicago game was brutal, both from the manhandling he received and also from the coaches leaving him out there to get abused over, and over, and over...

I can get on board with him being a solid backup, it's a shame he can't play slot. At least to this point in his career anyway.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

2015 NFL Draft: Make room for Duke's Laken Tomlinson

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/30/8 ... -breakdown
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly