Internet 2015 mock drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: Internet 2015 mock drafts

Post by Demi »

S197 wrote: Would be interesting if both Parker and White were available who they went with (assuming they didn't go with another position).
Man I hope they'd go Parker. White has bust written all over him.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I think there is too much WR depth in this years draft to go WR with the first pick unless they really believe a guy will be an all-time great at the position.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hasan evaluates the "expert" predictions to this point: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2415 ... -nfl-draft

Worth the read, especially the part about Waynes, which continues to give me more reason to think he's a higher risk selection than many believe.
The Vikings head into 2015 with ill-defined needs; each underperforming position from the previous season has young backups with upside who could conceivably fill in, or players whose careers are not written in stone.

Still, general manager Rick Spielman must select someone and there are no shortage of experts willing to prognosticate. Who are the leading draft industry experts mocking to the Minnesota Vikings?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Josh Norris' latest mock: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/5 ... mock-draft
11. Minnesota Vikings - CB Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest - It seems like a forgone conclusion that Mike Zimmer & Co. draft a corner. (So that means they won’t ultimately draft a corner.) For now, CB is the pick and many now point to Johnson as being the top-rated prospect at the position.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Minnesota Vikings Select Marcus Peters

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/4/13/ ... cus-peters
Let me first say that there was a significant amount of talent available at this position. Players such as top end offensive line prospects such as Brandon Scherff, Andrus Peat, and Ereck Flowers, along with two of the top three available wideouts in DeVante Parker and Kevin White were still on the board. On the defensive side of the ball were the top defensive backs, Landon Collins, Marcus Peters, and Trae Waynes, along with a few of the high end linebackers such as Shane Ray and Eric Kendricks. My ideal option given this situation would be to shop the number 11 pick, trade back and add picks. I believe that given slick rick only has seven picks and there are a number of holes that could be filled a few picks later that would be what he would try to do. But in this draft we are picking as we are slotted, which is just fine as well. Given a look at the available talent I chose Cornerback Marcus Peters.

I understand that there are going to be Vikings fans who do not support my pick, and briefly let me explain why I did not select a few players.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hasan combined 13 (out of 30 he says) "big boards" for his Consensus Top 50. Kind of useful. Take a look below.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCseVhoUkAEkLDD.png:large
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kiper 'Grade A' mock: Vikings take Trae Waynes, Dorial Green-Beckham

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikin ... en-beckham
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jeremiah's two-round mock (4/21):
11. Minnesota: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
Comment: This could be a cornerback, but adding another weapon for Teddy Bridgewater isn't a bad way to go
45. Minnesota: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
Comment: Collins has as much upside as any CB in the draft.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hi-to-bucs
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Benjamin Allbright's Top 100 Big Board: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Interesting. If I was to draw up my big board, this would be close, but there are some surprises (either higher or lower than conventional thought to this point):

#10: Kevin Johnson
#11: Laken Tomlinson
#13: Cam Erving
#15: Melvin Gordon
#18: Malcom Brown
#21: AJ Cann
#22: Ameer Abdulluh
#26: Marcus Mariota
#27: Jameis Winston
#28: Trae Waynes
#30: PJ Williams
#32: Eli Harold
#38: Shane Ray
#93: Carl Davis

Edit: his horizontal board: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =270638539
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Wow Tomlinson sure has shot up the board recently.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Wow Tomlinson sure has shot up the board recently.
It probably still depends on whose board you're looking at. He seems to be anywhere from the #1-4 guard prospect from what I've seen.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hurrumph. :evil:

Vikings mock draft roundup: We have a consensus

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... -consensus

The only solace I take is that most prognosticators are wrong.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hasan is doing a Twitter mock. Search for the hashtag #rattymock for details. It's interesting. Lots of movement and trades. Here's what I've gathered thus far:

Summary: Traded Peterson & 5th for Cowboys 2nd & 3rd. Selected thus far: CB Byron Jones, LB Stephone Anthony, DT Grady Jarrett, RB T.J. Yeldon, QB Brett Hudley, OT Ty Sambrailo. Acquired Lions DE Devin Taylor
@ArifHasanNFL Participating in #RattyMock where I traded Pick #11 to Browns (@SamIngro) for Picks #19, #77 and #147. They get to pick twice now.
@ArifHasanNFL @RyanRattyNFL With pick 19 in #RattyMock, I'll select Byron Jones, CB Connecticut for the #Vikings. @eaglescentral and the #Eagles are OTC
@ArifHasanNFL In #RattyMock, I have also traded Adrian Peterson and Pick 137 to @RyanRattyNFL and the #Cowboys for Pick 60 and 91. Come at me.
ArifHasanNFL In #RattyMock I trade Picks #45 and #147 to #Bears (@BestHumanTalent) for Pick #39 and select Stephone Anthony, LB Clemson for the #Vikings
@ArifHasanNFL With the 76th and 77th picks in #RattyMock I select DT Grady Jarrett and RB T.J. Yeldon for the #Vikings. #Saints (@willosgood116 OTC)
@ArifHasanNFL .@RyanRattyNFL With Pick #88 in #RattyMock, I select Brett Hundley, QB UCLA for the #Vikings. @SamIngro is OTC wth the #Browns.
Re: Hundley pick:
@ArifHasanNFL @RyanRattyNFL @SamIngro Hundley will make an excellent developmental backup. Vikings want one. Prefer early rather than later.
@ArifHasanNFL .@RyanRattyNFL @SamIngro it's not about what's best for Hundley, but for the team. Shaun Hill is 35. Hundley can back up Teddy forever.
@ArifHasanNFL @RyanRattyNFL @SamIngro yea, this selection doesn't happen without having a lot of picks. Hundley was falling, so I figured good time for it
@ArifHasanNFL @MyersNFL @RyanRattyNFL @SamIngro I have like 6 picks or something in 3rd/4th and the board is falling pretty well for my needs
@ArifHasanNFL @SwilderBeast I don't see high quality backup quarterbacks as luxury picks.
@ArifHasanNFL @LukeEasterling With the 110th pick in #RattyMock I select OT Ty Sambrailo for the #Vikings. @SamIngro and #Browns OTC
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

With pick #91 the Vikings (Hasan) select OG Tre Jackson (Florida State)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Draft Insider Top-150: http://www.draftinsider.net/top-prospects

Few notes: Peat is higher here than most big boards. Waynes is #19. Malcom Brown seems to be gaining steam (17).