Philadelphia to Sign Tim Tebow

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Philadelphia to Sign Tim Tebow

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-monday/
Per Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, Tim Tebow will sign with the Eagles on Monday. (Yes, Glazer has the scoop, even though Tebow works for ESPN.)
SMH. Only Chip Kelly. Lol. :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Philadelphia to Sign Tim Tebow

Post by jackal »

strange move .. the eagles have what four QB's now ??
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

He won't make the final roster.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Weird.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Makes sense to me.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:Makes sense to me.
Me too and, in fact, I won't be surprised if he makes the team.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's probably one of the few offenses in the NFL where he actually has a shot. Since the emergency QB rule was removed, I can see him coming in for a few plays here and there, short yardage, goalline, etc.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:It's probably one of the few offenses in the NFL where he actually has a shot.
Exactly and I don't see Kelly bothering to make the move if he didn't think it could pay dividends. Personally, even though I'm no fan of the Eagles, I'd love to see it work out, mainly because it sounds like Tebow has been working hard to make his NFL dreams a reality, despite essentially falling out of the league. That kind of desire and effort is admirable. People can say what they want about the guy but he doesn't give up easily.

For example:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html
For the past 18 months Tebow was out of football and couldn’t get a serious look from anyone unless it was on a college network. But he continued to work on his mechanics with throwing coach Tom House, who has tutored all the recent NFL greats from Tom Brady to Drew Brees. In March, House told the NFL Network, “What amazes me is this young man, with no job prospects, has prepared just as hard as he would if he were the No.1 quarterback for an NFL team. He’s busted his butt . . . He’s much more accurate than he was. I think he’s ready.”
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The media attention Tebow got for being a below average QB was crazy. At one point stories about who Tebow *might* go on a date with would appear on the cover of NFL.com. If he can actually turn it around and play the position at a high level the circus will be unimaginable. That annoys me but not enough to wish him ill. I have no problem with him, it's not his fault that happens.

If he has worked out his throwing problems I actually think he'll be a good QB. Even if he can just be average throwing his instincts and running ability make him dangerous.
James
Rookie

Post by James »

Good for Tim Tebow. He deserves another shot atleast. You had guys like Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker who were giving multiple chances to become franchise QBs. These guys sucked we after week but Tebow takes a team to the playoffs and wins and you mean to tell me there is no room for a QB like him in the NFL? I don't think he's certainly the worst. His stats aren't the prettiest but he managed to win most games he's started in. I think with the right pieces he can do good in Chip Kelly's offense.

I do hate all the media attention he gets though. But nevertheless I'm happy someone is atleast giving him a chance to compete this offseason.