Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Convicted? :)

And people assume guilt these days because you normally don't get charged with murder and such unless there is some decent proof. Right? This isn't 50 years ago when it was mostly a guessing game!

Murder cases are tough because no one likes to snitch and everyone who was around the victim is usually the suspect. And this screwed up justice system we have. PLENTY, of people have been charged with murder because they LOOK like they had something to do with it.

The court room trial is still a guessing game. You have two people, telling two different sides of the story, and it's up to the jury or the judge to decided which side is telling the truth. No one will truly know how it when down but all the people who were present during the murder. And the key person involved (Odin Lloyd) cant testify because he'd deceased.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

James, you actually believe this guy is innocent or are you just one of the "innocent until proven guilty" types? This guy is guilty of something, that's for sure! It's more than being a giant idiot, too. :)

I'm just saying, they get it RIGHT a lot more than they get it wrong. Mistakes are made, but overall, I think it's much, much, much better than it used to be. And to sum it up: I've never been charged with anything, but if I'm EVER charged with murder, there's a PRETTY GOOD chance I had something to do with it. Just sayin'. :lol: Same goes for this dude.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Families of 2 men fatally shot in Boston each file $6M wrongful death suits vs. Aaron Hernandez - report
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Aaron Hernandez associates Carlos Ortiz, Ernest Wallace indicted on separate murder charges
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

ESPN - Prosecutors claim they have "direct evidence" Aaron Hernandez's fiancee lied to grand jury in Lloyd case

:nono:
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Funkytown wrote:ESPN - Prosecutors claim they have "direct evidence" Aaron Hernandez's fiancee lied to grand jury in Lloyd case

:nono:
How about adding a link to your "news" posts so we can read the acticles :?:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Purple bruise wrote: How about adding a link to your "news" posts so we can read the acticles :?:
How about adding some "manners" to your post when you make a request of someone? Like this;

"Could you please add a link when you post these articles? I find the tag line interesting but would like more details."

See how easy that is?
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Purple bruise wrote: How about adding a link to your "news" posts so we can read the acticles :?:
Sorry, my ESPN posts are text messages. I get the texts from ESPN and then I copy and paste the things I find interesting enough.

I usually do post links to articles, but these are text messages, not actual articles. Want a link to my text messages? Want my phone number, Pb? :lol: Yeesh, I imagine you can find them somewhere on ESPN though if you are curious enough. Just a guess, though. ;)
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Funkytown wrote: Sorry, my ESPN posts are text messages. I get the texts from ESPN and then I copy and paste the things I find interesting enough.

I usually do post links to articles, but these are text messages, not actual articles. Want a link to my text messages? Want my phone number, Pb? :lol: Yeesh, I imagine you can find them somewhere on ESPN though if you are curious enough. Just a guess, though. ;)
It's on the ESPN front page ...
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Cliff wrote: Nothing on NFL.com yet. Got any links?

Sorry, I will try and be more polite in the future.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Purple bruise wrote:

Sorry, I will try and be more polite in the future.
The insinuation being that me asking a guy that I've talked with for years for a link being the same as the interaction you had earlier? Good try.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

The insinuation being that me asking a guy that I've talked with for years for a link being the same as the interaction you had earlier? Good try.[/quote]
No not at all. I was asking for links to news items. I always and several other people include them. I was not trying to cause a problem at all.

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The insinuation being that me asking a guy that I've talked with for years for a link being the same as the interaction you had earlier? Good try.
No not at all. I was asking for links to news items. I always and several other people include them. I was not trying to cause a problem at all.
Not a problem, perhaps I just mistook your tone and if so I apologize. Tone is a hard thing to convey through text and honestly ... you've got 2 warnings over the 3 warning ban limit so my first thought was that it was negative.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

WBZ NewsRadio @wbznewsradio

VERDICT: Aaron #Hernandez GUILTY of murder in the first degree. GUILTY of extreme atrocity and cruelty.

VERDICT: Guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm. Guilty of unlawful possession of ammunition. #HernandezTrial

That's mandatory life in prison. #AaronHernandez