Jameis Winston face more problems

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jameis Winston face more problems

Post by Purple bruise »

Sportsnaut Apr 4

"This is not good news for former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, who many expect to be the top overall pick in the NFL draft later this month.

According to Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole, Winston may face a second assault accusation soon".

- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 5JGhx.dpuf

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 49630.html

Some of these fools are out of control :steamed:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Jameis Winston face more problems

Post by fiestavike »

Purple bruise wrote:Sportsnaut Apr 4

"This is not good news for former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, who many expect to be the top overall pick in the NFL draft later this month.

According to Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole, Winston may face a second assault accusation soon".

- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 5JGhx.dpuf

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 49630.html

Some of these fools are out of control :steamed:
Its a wildly irresponsible prediction, but I think Jameis Winston won't go in the first round. His off the field issues are one thing, and he has legitimate issues with his game tape as well, but the main reason I think he won't go in the 1st round is that he comes off the field barking and screaming and having a tantrum so frequently, and I don't think many NFL coaches are going to want to have to settle him down and coddle him the way Jimbo Fisher had to do every time he came off the field. Maybe Peter Carrol could handle that? Its hard to think of many other teams that want to handle that kind of nonsense. And its terrible leadership on the part of Winston, who is clearly a man child.

Its not exactly on the field and its not exactly off the field. Its something I haven't heard discussed much with Winston or previous prospects, but I think its a legit concern.

Whoever does pick him will regret it IMO.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

fiestavike wrote: Its a wildly irresponsible prediction, but I think Jameis Winston won't go in the first round. His off the field issues are one thing, and he has legitimate issues with his game tape as well, but the main reason I think he won't go in the 1st round is that he comes off the field barking and screaming and having a tantrum so frequently, and I don't think many NFL coaches are going to want to have to settle him down and coddle him the way Jimbo Fisher had to do every time he came off the field. Maybe Peter Carrol could handle that? Its hard to think of many other teams that want to handle that kind of nonsense. And its terrible leadership on the part of Winston, who is clearly a man child.

Its not exactly on the field and its not exactly off the field. Its something I haven't heard discussed much with Winston or previous prospects, but I think its a legit concern.

Whoever does pick him will regret it IMO.
I can see him being a regretable pick. I'd be shocked if he fell outta the first round though. Not because he doesn't deserve too but I have a hard time believing teams will pass on him. The only game I saw him play was against Oregon in the semis...he's full of talent...and full of the stupidity of youth also.
-
It will be something in terms of a strong message to college players if he plummets in the draft.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I've said all along that I do NOT want him. It will be interesting to see where he goes.
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

I think he's still the top pick, or certainly a top 6 pick. QBs with huge upside are simply worth more of a risk than other positions.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Wouldn't draft him or Mariota.