Stupid Dog Cancer

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Stupid Dog Cancer

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He's responding well to the chemo so far, and doing very well. It is pricey, but very worth it to me so far :-)
Excellent! I'm glad he's responding well.. :)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Thanks guys!! Hopefully things continue to go well for him!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Thanks guys!! Hopefully things continue to go well for him!!
:rock: :thumbsup:

I was owned by a magnificent Sheltie that took the name Sampson because he pulled me off the sofa when he was a lil pup. That was 1992. He was the best friend a guy could have as I am sure you know because of your Monte the Great! I won't go into any details but it will be 10 years in November that I have had to endure without him.
I sincerely hope that both of you can hang in there for a long, long time together. Nothing like the love and comfort of a dog.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well, he had his last Chemo treatment this morning, and throughout he did very well!! The doctor said that since he went into remission so fast, stayed there, and had no real major side effects, she thinks he will do very well from here on. I am so proud of him for doind so well and being such a good boy!! And proud of myself because I paid for the whole Chemo Cycle :)

Here he is with his Chemo Graduation gift from the clinic:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Fantastic news!!!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Glad to hear it! And kudos to you for being a responsible owner and doing everything you can for your dog. We need more people like that in this world.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I kinda cringed before clicking this thread....glad that it's good news!
Spring is no time to be illin'
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

The Breeze wrote:I kinda cringed before clicking this thread....glad that it's good news!
Spring is no time to be illin'
Yeah, I figured some may get nervous, lol...

Thanks for the support guys!! It means a lot! Monte says thanks too :)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well, the cancer has returned, unfortunately. I have elected to do the full Chemo treatment again since it worked so well the first time. I am proud of him for doing so well, and hopeully this time will be as successful as the first!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well, the cancer has returned, unfortunately. I have elected to do the full Chemo treatment again since it worked so well the first time. I am proud of him for doing so well, and hopeully this time will be as successful as the first!
Good luck sir. That #### truly breaks my heart, I love dogs. I hope your buddy powers through it, just like last time! :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hope round 2 goes smoothly (or as smoothly as it can)!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Awesome that you're willing to expend so much to try and save your dog. Wish all dog owners were like you. :thumbsup:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Thanks guys. Its been an emotional year plus, but it is all worth it when he lets me hug him and he is so happy to see me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk