2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by dead_poet »

The Breeze wrote: That's one place I'd have not thought likely.
I don't believe Ponder sees himself as a backup, even though that's what it looks like he is.....I keep seeing him landing in a place where he has a chance to start.
He's definitely a guy I will follow wherever he winds up...just out of morbid curiousity.
At this point I think he was just looking to stay in the league. This was his first known interest (with Musgrave, no less). I don't know how much lower on the totem pole you can be than to sign a one-year contract with the Raiders (to compete with Matt McGloin to be the backup).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote: At this point I think he was just looking to stay in the league. This was his first known interest (with Musgrave, no less). I don't know how much lower on the totem pole you can be than to sign a one-year contract with the Raiders (to compete with Matt McGloin to be the backup).
I forgot Musgrave had gone to Oakland.
Ponder did himself no favors last season when he got a chance with TB's ankle injury.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@NBCdianna: Not so fast on Percy Harvin to the Bills, 49ers could be making a play per sources.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Any word on the interest around the league for Brandon Spikes?
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Ponder to the Raiders...Back with Musgrave again. I thought he got signed fairly quick.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

halfgiz wrote:Ponder to the Raiders...Back with Musgrave again. I thought he got signed fairly quick.
Just like TJoke, the only team that has any interest is the OC he came into the league with. Offense he knows. Probably get close to these guys working with them for years. Sure wasn't signed for anything else he brings.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Ben Roethlisberger's deal is astonishing. 5 years, $99M, $31M signing bonus, $65M in the first three years, $61M guaranteed.

Not bad for a guy who is 33 years old.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AlbertBreer S Jeron Johnson is signing a two-year deal with the Redskins, per source. Comes over from the Seahawks.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Uhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
@AdamSchefter Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Tebow!?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Former Packers CB Tramon Williams has reached a three-year agreement with the Cleveland Browns, per source.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:Tebow!?
He's baaaaaaaaaack (maybe)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AlbertBreer Part of me thinks Chip did this just to mess with everyone. And I'd be OK with that.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texans signed NT Vince Wilfork, formerly of the Patriots.
Free agent Stevie Johnson left the Patriots' facility without a contract.
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, free agent OG Justin Blalock recently "checked in" with the Titans.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter WR Stevie Johnson is signing with the Chargers, as @NBCdianna reported. It is a 3-year deal. SD adds a WR.