2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by Pseudo Everything »

dead_poet wrote:
$8.4M APY and half the contract guaranteed. His agent did him a solid. Big increase over what the Cowboys were offering. Murray has every right to feel dissed by the Cowboys. Now he gets to play them twice a year.

If Jerry Jones is interested in acquiring Peterson, this helps him sell the idea that AP has to take a big pay cut if he wants to play for the Cowboys. If the number Jones has set for the RB position is $5-6M, Adrian will have to swallow a huge pay cut (without even getting into compensation back to the Vikings). Would AP leave $6M+ on the table just to play with the Cowboys? I don't see it happening.

Headline I'm expecting to read out of Philly in the next few minutes: Ryan Mathews told limo driver to take him to the airport instead of going for a physical.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Ravens are giving RB Justin Forsett a three-year deal, per source.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

dead_poet wrote:
Man ... that's a pretty good deal for the Chiefs. Grubbs is 31 with two years left on his contract. $6.5M this year and $7.2M next year. A little pricey but he's a good player. Saints only save $3.6M on their cap with this deal.

Saints are a mess. Cap strapped (and mismanaged), Benson's kids suing him alleging he's senile and Drew Brees sitting on a $26.4M cap number. Report said they haven't asked Brees to either restructure or take a pay cut. If true that's just crazy. Brees should volunteer to give them some cap relief. Wonder if they're cleaning the slate to get the team ready for a sale?
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-to-jets/

Antonio Cromartie back to New York.

Jesus. That defense goes from being suspect to down right ridiculous! I have always liked the Jets. This is good to see.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-to-jets/

Antonio Cromartie back to New York.

Jesus. That defense goes from being suspect to down right ridiculous! I have always liked the Jets. This is good to see.
With Marshall catching passes from Ryan 'The Amish Cannon' Fitzpatrick.
Plus a high pick that could net them MariOta.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Ryan Mathews IS signing in Philly, per source.
@smartfootball I guess Chip Kelly didn't deal LeSean McCoy because he wanted to spend less on the runningback position
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Titans signed LB Brian Orakpo to a four-year, $27 million contract.
Titans signed DE/LB Derrick Morgan to a four-year, $30 million contract.
Jets agreed to terms with S Marcus Gilchrist, formerly of the Chargers, on a four-year contract.
Redskins signed CB Chris Culliver to a four-year contract.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not crazy about Chris Culliver's attitude, so that doesn't bother me. I know some people wanted him, though.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Yahoo! Sports' Rand Getlin reports the Saints "are in the process" of trading Kenny Stills to the Dolphins.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Saints signed RB C.J. Spiller.
Saints acquired LB Dannell Ellerbe and a 2015 third-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for WR Kenny Stills.
@AdamHBeasley A source told me that Drew Brees was not happy with either Ben Grubbs or Kenny Stills. No coincidence that they're both gone.
@nfldraftscout Saints are telling traded players they're going all-in to build a defense. They now have two 1sts, a 2nd and two 3rds.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Free agent S Jeron Johnson will visit the Redskins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

There he is!
@MikeGarafolo QB Christian Ponder visiting the Raiders today, sources say.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:There he is!
They need a new waterboy?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Oh boy: Bills reached agreement on 1-year deal with WR Percy Harvin, per source. Buffalo spending bills; add Harvin, McCoy, Incognito.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:There he is!
That's one place I'd have not thought likely.
I don't believe Ponder sees himself as a backup, even though that's what it looks like he is.....I keep seeing him landing in a place where he has a chance to start.
He's definitely a guy I will follow wherever he winds up...just out of morbid curiousity.