2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by The Breeze »

Wow...what a crazy offseason.
Harvin on the Bills with McCoy and their defense? That could be sweet as I think Rex could actually deal with Harvin in a productive way. Cassel could be a really good fit for them short term.
____

I know Kelly's offense flourishes with a QB who can make quick reads and get the ball out fast.....he doesn't really need to be all that mobile, Foles isn't.

I don't know for sure about Bradford's abilities in those lights...but he is a solid QB when they have protected him.The Rams have had huge line issues since they drafted him and spent loads on free agent linemen trying to fix it with no luck.
It will be interesting to see if Foles can stay healthy there.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I think Kaep would be perfect in Chip Kelly's system. He has ability, but I think he's clearly at his best when teams have to respect his legs. You don't have to be mobile in Kelly's offense, but it sure doesn't hurt a bit.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

DK Sweets wrote:I think Kaep would be perfect in Chip Kelly's system. He has ability, but I think he's clearly at his best when teams have to respect his legs. You don't have to be mobile in Kelly's offense, but it sure doesn't hurt a bit.
Yeah, when I first read that Kap was Kelly's target I thought that would be a great move,before I realized that the Niners would be crazy to swap Kap for Bradford. At least I think they would.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@JosinaAnderson reports the Colts are giving Andre Johnson a 3-year, $21 million deal.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:
Wow....good for Johnson. I didn't think he would get that much. I was thinking $4-5 mill.
That team will be a nightmare next year if these signings pan out....until they play the Patriots.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I just heard an interview with Bradford on the NFL channel. He says that he is close friends with Murray and he might be able to help out with the Eagles signing him. 8)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

According to Chris Mortenson, DeMarco Murray personally called Chip Kelly to express his interest in being an Eagle. Played in spread offense at OU and was Sam Bradfords roommate.

Jerry Jones should be thrilled to hear that.

Eagles have already signed Ryan Always Injured Mathews so Murray would probably have to take less than market value (maybe a lot less) to play for the Eagles. Seems doubtful but it would be great for the Vikings if it happened. Jerry losing Murray to the division rival Eagles might prompt him to do something irrational in order to acquire Adrian Peterson.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Pseudo Everything wrote:According to Chris Mortenson, DeMarco Murray personally called Chip Kelly to express his interest in being an Eagle. Played in spread offense at OU and was Sam Bradfords roommate.

Jerry Jones should be thrilled to hear that.

Eagles have already signed Ryan Always Injured Mathews so Murray would probably have to take less than market value (maybe a lot less) to play for the Eagles. Seems doubtful but it would be great for the Vikings if it happened. Jerry losing Murray to the division rival Eagles might prompt him to do something irrational in order to acquire Adrian Peterson.
That is a strange development. The Cowboys seem very lax in any efforts to re-sign Murray. Maybe they are just waiting to see what kind of other offers he gets...but weird that he is reaching out to the Eagles. Says to me the Cowboys aren't too serious about him.
Maybe this is the terminal domino to ADs situation.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cowboys ran him into the ground last year and he essentially carried the team to the playoffs with the help of a dominant offensive line and as a reward are low balling him (reported they offered $5 million/year and after that Murray took down all his Cowboys backgrounds on Twitter). They are either concerned about his injury history and know how RBs usually fare the next year after a monster workload, are hoping he takes a hometown discount because he wants to win or they want him to leave to make room for someone else.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Did the Bears just sign their Everson Griffen?

New Bears linebacker Pernell McPhee: 'I'm violent'
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote:Did the Bears just sign their Everson Griffen?

sounds like a similar ascent.

That was a good read. It really captured what I've admired about good defenses with hard nosed leaders. McPhee says it was a huge learning experience to play with Suggs and Dumervil who would probably say the same about playing with Lewis and the other old LB there, whose name escapes me.
That defense is an institution and the vets are practically as steeped in it as the coaches.
Steelers have that. That Pats had it during Bruschii's time. The Bears. Seems more often than not to be centered around a locked in LB corp.
It's one of the biggest reasons I hate to see a guy like KWill move on.....we lose that institutional guy.
I like what we have with Smith, Barr, Griff and Floyd...Rhodes too. Hope we can keep them together for a good while. It's a talented core of guys.
Last edited by The Breeze on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote:Did the Bears just sign their Everson Griffen?

Jared Allen (4 years, $32 million), Lamarr Houston (5 years, $35 million), Pernell McPhee (5 years, $40 million)..The Bears have been throwing a ton of money at other team's players trying to find their Everson Griffen at some point. Hopefully, for their new regime's sake, they can draft their Everson Griffen at some point. Though, by that point, they'll probably be in cap hell, and won't be able to retain the guy they finally hit on.

Ah hell, I hope the Bears keep doing what they are doing.

*In all seriousness, I do like McPhee's game*

EDIT: I do see the comparison you're making in a situational player becoming a starter.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Pro-Bowl RB DeMarco Murray is flying to Philadelphia this morning with the expectation he will be an Eagle,
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nt-4096074

Murray to Philly....

Get ready everyone....
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Dallas now calling around for other RBs. Cowboys know they've lost DeMarco Murray to the Eagles.