2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Brandon Marshall to the Jets

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:Surprised there hasn't been a thread about this.
I get that he's been injured and isn't the easiest guy to work with but a 5th for Marshall is a STEAL. Granted, I seriously doubt Chicago would have traded him to an NFC North rival but man, I would have tried real hard if I were the Vikings. The guy is straight up unstoppable when he's healthy. The $7.7 million against the cap is what kept teams away but I think the Jets are going to be happy they made this trade in a year. The Bears, not so much.
I think with the NFL operating as it is, there is a real risk to a guy like Marshall who has had multiple run ins with the law over assaulting women. He could be out all year or forever with one more attack. I know he's being treated for mental health issues and is supposedly a new man, we'll see. If he catches another case in this environment all those other cases will be brought up as well and he will certainly be suspended at least 1 year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

fiestavike wrote: I think with the NFL operating as it is, there is a real risk to a guy like Marshall who has had multiple run ins with the law over assaulting women. He could be out all year or forever with one more attack. I know he's being treated for mental health issues and is supposedly a new man, we'll see. If he catches another case in this environment all those other cases will be brought up as well and he will certainly be suspended at least 1 year.
Sure but a 5th? I don't get it, I'd take the risk rather than take that trade. All I can think of was he was getting cut and the Bears took whatever they could.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:
Sure but a 5th? I don't get it, I'd take the risk rather than take that trade. All I can think of was he was getting cut and the Bears took whatever they could.
You have a point. a 5th in't much to risk. Its hard not to believe the bears wanted him out do to his reported problems getting along with teammates, locker room cancer kind of behavior than do to his salary or lack of talent, if they parted with him for such a pittance. He obviously is one of the best WRs of the last decade and consistently displays that ability against the Vikings.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2015 NFL Trade/FA Thread

Post by Purple bruise »

Free Agent Chris Johnson shot. You can take the hood out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the hood!!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... n-shoulder
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

That is a massive deal Suh just got from the Fish.
$60mil guaranteed! That's $100mil in guranteed money between Miami and Detroit. Wow....
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Eagles are signing Byron Maxwell and Frank Gore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ladelphia/

Mark Sanchez back to Philly.

Philly must be set on Mariota. Nick Foles is going to go away. Or they will have Sanchez and Foles compete if they miss out on Mariota.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ladelphia/

Mark Sanchez back to Philly.

Philly must be set on Mariota. Nick Foles is going to go away. Or they will have Sanchez and Foles compete if they miss out on Mariota.
I'd rather see Mariota in a more traditional system as a pro. If Kelly manages to get him in Philly and Kelly doesn't last it's gong to be a huge step back for the Eagles...or should I say Ducks.

Assuming the Bucs take Winston, what would it cost Philly to move up?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Wow the Eagles are stacking some Talent ...

Gore and Maxell are going there, it appears
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:Wow the Eagles are stacking some Talent ...

Gore and Maxell are going there, it appears
They could be a legit team this year if the moves pan out for them. Although, Frank Gore has lost more than one step.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I don't recall an offseason with more high profile signings/targets than this year's Chip Kelly Eagles. More offseason FA signings than Washington? Jeez. And trading McCoy? And if he mortgages this year's draft for Mariota? Man. Philly ownership is really going all in with him. It'll be interesting to watch Philly the next couple of years. Chip knows what he wants and is going and getting it.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purple bruise wrote:Free Agent Chris Johnson shot. You can take the hood out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the hood!!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... n-shoulder
Hood and ghetto are the same thing...
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote:I don't recall an offseason with more high profile signings/targets than this year's Chip Kelly Eagles. More offseason FA signings than Washington? Jeez. And trading McCoy? And if he mortgages this year's draft for Mariota? Man. Philly ownership is really going all in with him. It'll be interesting to watch Philly the next couple of years. Chip knows what he wants and is going and getting it.
I'm glad to be watching it unfold from afar. I am not a supporter of trading into the top 5. I would only do it for a top shelf QB. And if the guy was a 'lock' the team holding the pick would be nuts to trade it (IMO)...unless they had their QB already, like the Rams with RG3.

I guess Mariota and Kelly is a unique situation, and I have no idea how much, if any, of the speculation is true.....but they do seem to be putting all their chips on Chip.
Last edited by The Breeze on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

The Breeze wrote: I am not a supporter of trading into the top 5. I would only do it for a top shelf QB. And if the guy was a 'lock' the team holding the pick would be nuts to trade it (IMO)...unless they had their QB already, like the Falcons with RG3.
You mean the Rams?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Maclin to the Chiefs for a reported $11 million/year
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly