Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by Mothman »

By the way, this may not be relevant at all but as long as we're talking about Dogra:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitn ... ty-sports/
Major NFL Agent Ben Dogra Joins Relativity Sports

One of the most powerful sports agents has found a new home. Former Creative Artists Agency employee Ben Dogra is now the co-CEO of the football division at Relativity Sports, a division of global media company Relativity Media. As of September 26, Dogra was on record as representing 39 players signed to National Football League team contracts.

Communication concerning Dogra has been sparse since the agent was terminated for cause by Creative Artists Agency. While Relativity Sports CEO Happy Walters referenced rumors that have surfaced pegging Dogra’s termination to drug abuse, Walters says that any such rumors are far from the truth.

“He’s in a bunch of litigation with CAA,” added Walters who was willing to speak about his company’s hiring of Dogra. ”I don’t know what his issues were with CAA and I don’t really care. I’m not hiring him for his clients. If he came with no clients, that wouldn’t bother me.”

Walters referred to Dogra as a “machine” and said that he considers Dogra as good as any agent in any sport.
More at the link.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Also worthy of note: this Dogra character was (is?) apparently Bryant McKinnie's agent. So...existing bad blood?

This whole drama just got even more toxic. Time to send his #### to Cleveland or Jacksonville or some other #### hole. Time to burn the 28 jersey.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

AD's dad won't rule out him coming back to the Vikes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... n-dad-says
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Purple bruise wrote:AD's dad won't rule out him coming back to the Vikes:

BREAKING NEWS!

Adrian Peterson's father involved in altercation with Ben Dogra at remote texas ranch! The two squared off in an intense staring contest, followed by a square dancing competition!!! Dennis Green forced to step in and separate the two men.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Purple bruise wrote:AD's dad won't rule out him coming back to the Vikes:

ok....now I'm going to puke.

I'm through assuming any of the reporting on this sitaution is accurate....but if this is really about money lost to endorsement deals and salary from suspension, I have the worlds smallest stratovarious tuned up and ready to go.

And again if Warren was working to keep AD off the field, it's easy to understand that it was most likely a manuever to let things cool off sponsor and community-wise rather than some intent to punish Peterson further. Minnesota is a vastly different moral climate than South Texas. But if so, how is it not possible to have explained that to him so everyone could be on the same page?
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

fiestavike wrote: BREAKING NEWS!

Adrian Peterson's father involved in altercation with Ben Dogra at remote texas ranch! The two squared off in an intense staring contest, followed by a square dancing competition!!! Dennis Green forced to step in and separate the two men.
Mr. Peterson was heard telling Dogra, 'Nobody puts Baby in a corner'.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

The Breeze wrote: Mr. Peterson was heard telling Dogra, 'Nobody puts Baby in a corner'.
Lol - no one puts Petey in the corner.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

frosted wrote: Lol - no one puts Petey in the corner.
I'm glad you got that. There's an inherent risk involved anytime you toss out a Dirty Dancing reference on a pro football forum.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

The Breeze wrote: I'm glad you got that. There's an inherent risk involved anytime you toss out a Dirty Dancing reference on a pro football forum.
It's a classic reference - my friends and continuously bust it out at seemingly the most opportune times. For some reason, those perfect opportunities for it seem to present themselves frequently. Or perhaps we're not as clever as we think. :lol:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

This bag of drama needs to be dropped off somewhere thats not in MN. Turning into more of a media whore then PH, and he hasnt even been reinstated yet.

Just wait till after he is stuck on this team he is so "uneasy" about. Then the real fun begins. And all over a guy with the morals of a 5 year old, mad his team didn't stand up for him more. After beatings the crap out of a kid. What did he want, a pat on the back? It just never ends for the Vikings. You get, like a month, where you think there's a possibility things might actually be ok, AD and his friends would keep their mouths shut, but nope. There was a time I hoped he would make it to a team like Colts cause I think he would get his ring. I couldn't care less now.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

@Frosted

I'm sure there is a Dirty Dancing algorithim out there in the ether just waiting to be uncovered.
Creative or not, when the topic of competitive square dancing comes up (thanks Fiesta), I think of Patrick Sawyze....and then my mind jumps immeadiately to the SNL skit with Sawyze and Chris Farley as Chippendale dancers.
Then I think who would I rather have a beer with, AD, Swayze or Farley?...and Farley wins hands down.

These are some deep thoughts......
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

The Breeze wrote:@Frosted

I'm sure there is a Dirty Dancing algorithim out there in the ether just waiting to be uncovered.
Creative or not, when the topic of competitive square dancing comes up (thanks Fiesta), I think of Patrick Sawyze....and then my mind jumps immeadiately to the SNL skit with Sawyze and Chris Farley as Chippendale dancers.
Then I think who would I rather have a beer with, AD, Swayze or Farley?...and Farley wins hands down.

These are some deep thoughts......
Farley gets my vote as well. One of the funniest human beings of all time, for my money. Gone way too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Farley no question!!!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

fiestavike wrote:

I may be the only one but I enjoyed this movie.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Time to let go boys!! This is starting to remind me of the Harvin situation in terms of him crying and whining about not wanting to be here and wanting his money. All I know is, Spielman made Schneider look like an absolute moron by making that trade. Granted, AP is going on 30 but if Spielman can pull a 1st, 3rd and 7th for a guy that couldn't stay healthy and was a problem child, then I wouldnt be surprised with what he could pull for AP.

As much as I hate to say it, this is making me dislike AP. Like dude.....all this crap going on stems from one thing and one thing only....you being a moron and beating your child but now the State of Minnesota, the fans, and the Vikings are suppose to be at fault?? Give me a break dude....take a hike. What would really make me laugh is if we traded him to some junk franchise like Oakland, Jacksonville or Cleveland. Then he has no choice of where he can go and will play on a crap team.

Like I said before, this couldn't have happened at a better time. Our team is young and the best its been in a while, we hired some great coaches last year and this is the best RB draft class to come out in years. Get some picks for AP and it does nothing but give Spielman ammo to wheel and deal in the draft and find our RB of the future. Not only can we fill our needs but the picks we could get from trading AP would give us ammo to find the RB we need. Not only that but it clears a boat load of money and could allow us to pursue better free agents. It's a win-win no matter what IMO.

Out with the old....in with the new.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri