Final Four Announced

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by frosted »

PurpleMustReign wrote:And of course, the only Big 10 team to suck up the house is your Minnesota Gophers.

Can't we have one thing to be happy for as far as sports?

Chokers.
I'm happy for the Gophers..I didn't really expect them to win today..but they still had a very nice season in my opinion. I mean, they really aren't that talented a football team. They played over their heads all season.

Congrats for a good season, Gophers and Coach Kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

frosted wrote:Ohio State 49, Michigan State 37.
Baylor 61, TCU 58.
Michigan State 42, Baylor 41.

:lol:

Are you baiting me?

That's the beauty of CFB; today, #8 Michigan State got some fortunate bounces and edged out #5 Baylor. Tomorrow, who knows. It's all about body of work, until they get a more extensive playoff system set up. Even then, I suppose.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Final Four Announced

Post by frosted »

Texas Vike wrote: :lol:

Are you baiting me?

That's the beauty of CFB; today, #8 Michigan State got some fortunate bounces and edged out #5 Baylor. Tomorrow, who knows. It's all about body of work, until they get a more extensive playoff system set up. Even then, I suppose.
Lol I swear I'm not, I copy pasted that from the game article on College Football Talk.

EDIT: I think it's very reasonable that Ohio State is in the playoff, even more so after seeing the results of the Wisconsin and Michigan State games, two teams that Ohio State recently beat, handily.

It's too bad about the QB situation, but it's a very talented team all around. Watch Joey Bosa tonight, DL #97..very disruptive player, I think his game projects very well to the next level.

Last edited by frosted on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

frosted wrote: Lol I swear I'm not, I copy pasted that from the game article on College Football Talk.

OK, cool. I probably deserved it by being a bit surly when my big 12 got snubbed upthread.
MusicCityViking
Backup

Post by MusicCityViking »

I feel bad for whoever gets Winston in the draft...
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

MusicCityViking wrote:I feel bad for whoever gets Winston in the draft...
He seems like a head case, doesn't he?

Mariotta is a baller. The kid is just an unreal athlete. Chip Kelly's gotta be tempted to trade up for him.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Boom! Ohio State repping the Big Ten well!

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I doubted Ohio State for some time now, but the run they are on since the Gopher game is something else.

Alabama will never want to play in the Superdome ever again, they are 0-3 in their last three Sugar Bowls there/.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

And I hope they go to an 8 team playoff at some point. What a great system this turned out to be.
I just love having these great football programs play each other like this.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:And I hope they go to an 8 team playoff at some point. What a great system this turned out to be.
I just love having these great football programs play each other like this.
It's fun! I think it will be difficult to make it an 8 team field, since there's a limit to how many football games college players can reasonably be asked to play. That would make things even more exciting though...

The Big 10 acquitted themselves well yesterday! Ohio State clearly proved they belonged in the tournament. In retrospect, it looks like it would have been better to include TCU instead of FSU but since the latter was undefeated and they were also defending champs, it was all-but-impossible to leave them out. If they had just lost one of those close games down the stretch of their schedule, I suspect we would have seen TCU in the final four.

It's pretty amazing that OSU has done this with their third string QB.

So, who do people like to win the Championship, Oregon or Ohio State?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: It's fun! I think it will be difficult to make it an 8 team field, since there's a limit to how many football games college players can reasonably be asked to play. That would make things even more exciting though...

The Big 10 acquitted themselves well yesterday! Ohio State clearly proved they belonged in the tournament. In retrospect, it looks like it would have been better to include TCU instead of FSU but since the latter was undefeated and they were also defending champs, it was all-but-impossible to leave them out. If they had just lost one of those close games down the stretch of their schedule, I suspect we would have seen TCU in the final four.

It's pretty amazing that OSU has done this with their third string QB.

So, who do people like to win the Championship, Oregon or Ohio State?
Very impressive game from OSU. They made Bama's offense look one-dimensional and passing on running downs really did the trick on O. I'm impressed by just how many talented QBs they had on their roster.

Totally agree: TCU instead of FSU. I also agree that 8 team playoff will be hard to pull off. At the very least, I feel like we had much more exciting bowl games this year, perhaps because of the new system.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote:So, who do people like to win the Championship, Oregon or Ohio State?
I think Oregon should win, but it's hard to bet against Urban Meyer. Should be a good game.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike wrote:Chip Kelly's gotta be tempted to trade up for him.
Maybe, but the price tag for that move would be ridiculous (20 to 1).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: Maybe, but the price tag for that move would be ridiculous (20 to 1).
Not likely to happen, I know, but I have to think he's chewing on these thoughts.... "Sanchez, Foles or Mariota? Is it worth the price? etc."