Ndamakong suh

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Bigwehrm
Starter

Ndamakong suh

Post by Bigwehrm »

Suh to the purple?? Yes no? He would be a nice fa signing. But will command too much money that we need tomuse on the OL and the secondary. But man we would have an awesome front line with him and shariff and johnson and joseph. Go ahead discuss.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Re: Ndamakong suh

Post by Bigwehrm »

please move this to the NFl talk forum please.
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

He would likely make any team in the NFL better, but we have a pretty strong DT rotation already, with Joseph, Floyd, Johnson, Shamar. I just don't think we get enough of an upgrade to justify the type of money that Suh will want. I also get the sense that Spielman looks for middle grade FAs that are a good value, guys like Munnerlyn and Joseph. Occasionally we overpay for guys like Jennings, but I just don't think there is much of a chance we get Suh. I'm guessing the fan boards of all 32 teams are floating the idea of acquiring Suh.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

No way the Lions don't franchise him if they can't work out a long term deal.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

That's what I thought too... Although that will really piss him off..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Demi wrote:No way the Lions don't franchise him if they can't work out a long term deal.
Was reading an article about that the other day, try may not be able to franchise him, given the one year hit against the cap it would generate, and try are already tight against it. The only way it works is if they sign him long term with a structure that is very backloaded as far as cap hits go. The Megatron and Stafford cap hits are enormous already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

If he gets away from the Lions (which I'm not betting on) ...

Going out and spending a ton of money in free agency on a single player doesn't seem to be how they're building this team. Suh has already said that his agent will determine where he plays next year. That's not code, that's flat out saying he's going to whichever team pays the most. It won't be the Vikings, I don't think. Offense is too needy to invest that much in defense, I think.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:If he gets away from the Lions (which I'm not betting on) ...

Going out and spending a ton of money in free agency on a single player doesn't seem to be how they're building this team. Suh has already said that his agent will determine where he plays next year. That's not code, that's flat out saying he's going to whichever team pays the most. It won't be the Vikings, I don't think. Offense is too needy to invest that much in defense, I think.
Plus, the Vikings just gave Joseph a 5 year, $31 million contract. I doubt they'll go after Suh if he becomes available.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He is gonna want a Ton after what JJ Watt got paid .. I don't see him coming here ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I can't stand Suh. Detest him.

Not a Rodgers fan, but Suh just stepped on his ankle, then stepped on it again with the other foot about 1.5 seconds later. Absolutely deplorable.

Suh is easily the dirtiest player in the NFL. Do not want this sub-human on the Vikings.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I can't stand Suh. Detest him.

Not a Rodgers fan, but Suh just stepped on his ankle, then stepped on it again with the other foot about 1.5 seconds later. Absolutely deplorable.

Suh is easily the dirtiest player in the NFL. Do not want this sub-human on the Vikings.
I was going to mentiom that too. I hope he gets suspended for their playoffs game. Then I hope he ends up in some crappy AFC team's dungeons.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

My kid said suh took extra steps and did it again ...?
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

jackal wrote:My kid said suh took extra steps and did it again ...?
He did.

I don't think I described it very well. He stepped on Rodgers' ankle, probably by accident, then casually backed up, took his other foot, and stepped on it again, lingering there and pushing down. It was the proverbial "run over it, then back up and run over it again." Definitely NOT an accident, and a move that will likely earn him at least a hefty fine.

The guy is a mega-talent, but he's a thug of the lowest possible character. No way I ever want to see this guy in purple.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

J. Kapp 11 wrote: He did.

I don't think I described it very well. He stepped on Rodgers' ankle, probably by accident, then casually backed up, took his other foot, and stepped on it again, lingering there and pushing down. It was the proverbial "run over it, then back up and run over it again." Definitely NOT an accident, and a move that will likely earn him at least a hefty fine.

The guy is a mega-talent, but he's a thug of the lowest possible character. No way I ever want to see this guy in purple.
Yet he gets to play while AD has to sit for a full season because the Dictator of the NFL has a hair up his ####.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter -- Ndamukong Suh is being suspended for Sunday's game against Dallas, per @mortreport. When he appeals, hearing officer will be Ted Cottrell.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly