Who do we draft?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Anderson22
Rookie

Who do we draft?

Post by Anderson22 »

With the season almost halfway through. Who do we pick? My take is Bo Wallace and get some OL help. I also wouldn't mind getting a wr that can get some separation. Can't wait till the draft!!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Who do we draft?

Post by fiestavike »

Anderson22 wrote:With the season almost halfway through. Who do we pick? My take is Bo Wallace and get some OL help. I also wouldn't mind getting a wr that can get some separation. Can't wait till the draft!!
Jameis! :rofl:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why would they draft a qb early?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Would love a middle linebacker. Or safety. An actual receiver would be nice. A left guard. Need a running back now too!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why would they draft a qb early?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I was joking.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Demi wrote:Would love a middle linebacker. Or safety. An actual receiver would be nice. A left guard. Need a running back now too!
I think LT is clearly the big need, followed by L guard and RT. I doubt they will draft a MLB early with Barr and Hodges both playing well, and the middle linebacker not likely to be in on the field more than 35-40% of snaps. MLB has become like Nickel Back used to be, but a 3rd corner is more important than a MLB now just given how much more often they are on the field!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: I think LT is clearly the big need, followed by L guard and RT. I doubt they will draft a MLB early with Barr and Hodges both playing well, and the middle linebacker not likely to be in on the field more than 35-40% of snaps. MLB has become like Nickel Back used to be, but a 3rd corner is more important than a MLB now just given how much more often they are on the field!
I don't see RT as a need. As I said in a previous thread, Phil is a top 5 run blocker in the NFL and having Fusco back next to him next year, I think he will be fine. LG is our most immediate need on the OL.

To be honest, I would love to move Greenway to the middle and have Hodges and Barr on the outside. I think Greenway would be an absolute stud in the middle. He's already a tackling machine, a leader, and a heady LB.

I still believe our first pick will be SS and if it is, I imagine it would be Collins which would be huge.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

OG, CB, RB.

Vikings have totally under valued CB position in the draft considering that we play against Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford 6 games per year.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

720pete wrote:OG, CB, RB.

Vikings have totally under valued CB position in the draft considering that we play against Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, and Matt Stafford 6 games per year.

are you banking on Kalil turning it around?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

fiestavike wrote:
are you banking on Kalil turning it around?
I got to be positive about at least one thing! :p

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

720pete wrote:OG, CB, RB.

Is RB really THAT big of a need right now though?? McKinnon has been running great the past few games. I would rather grab a somewhat younger back in FA that would be a solid backup behind McKinnon.

LG and CB I agree with. I would like another CB with Rhodes' build that can play the outside. Put Cap in the slot and have Robinson as a #4 CB. It provides solid depth.

Landon Collins (SS from Alabama) and Denzel Perryman (MLB from the U) are my big "man crushes" in this draft.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Is RB really THAT big of a need right now though?? McKinnon has been running great the past few games. I would rather grab a somewhat younger back in FA that would be a solid backup behind McKinnon.

LG and CB I agree with. I would like another CB with Rhodes' build that can play the outside. Put Cap in the slot and have Robinson as a #4 CB. It provides solid depth.

Landon Collins (SS from Alabama) and Denzel Perryman (MLB from the U) are my big "man crushes" in this draft.
landon

denzel
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question, but it seemed reasonable to post it here instead of starting a new thread. Is it likely that Kalil can play Guard? What about Greenway at MLB. Are either of things likely to happen? I think our draft strategy would be affected quite of bit by those questions. If Chad can move to MLB, then we should have a solid LB corps of Barr, Greenway, and Hodges. If Kalil can move to guard, we get to replace Johnson and draft a new starter at LT. A lot of tackles that have been busts have had productive, sometimes even great, careers as guards.

I actually have no idea if either of those scenarios are realistic, since I'm much more of a stats/fantasy guy than an Xs and Os guy.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Cooper, if at all possible. If not, then Parker. Those 2 WR's really stand out, and would make the biggest impact right away. If you haven't, you should watch Cooper, from Bama, highlights on youtube. He's a buddy of Teddy, just like Parker. But Cooper has everything you want in a WR. He is so sure handed and runs routes like no one ive seen since Sammy. Just like last year, when we got teddy, I was so happy. If we get Cooper, he is that big of a deal.

Then a CB.

Then Oline

Let our current LB's fight it out, or go FA.

But theres no doubt in my mind the 1 single best player we could get, immediate impact on this team, to at least an 8-8 record, and a good shot at a wild card even, is Cooper.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Cooper, if at all possible. If not, then Parker. Those 2 WR's really stand out, and would make the biggest impact right away. If you haven't, you should watch Cooper, from Bama, highlights on youtube. He's a buddy of Teddy, just like Parker. But Cooper has everything you want in a WR. He is so sure handed and runs routes like no one ive seen since Sammy. Just like last year, when we got teddy, I was so happy. If we get Cooper, he is that big of a deal.

Then a CB.

Then Oline

Let our current LB's fight it out, or go FA.

But theres no doubt in my mind the 1 single best player we could get, immediate impact on this team, to at least an 8-8 record, and a good shot at a wild card even, is Cooper.
Not only are they buddies, but Cooper and Bridgewater were teammates in high school. So Teddy has played with him.