Harvin traded to Jets

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Harvin traded to Jets

Post by Cliff »

PurpleHalo wrote: Patterson is still learning, we will be happy with this in a couple years.
I certainly wouldn't trade Patterson for Harvin. In my mind that makes Patterson the better WR ... even without the production I'd like.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I'd rather have a real WR than either of them....
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Demi wrote:I'd rather have a real WR than either of them....
Harvin's a real WR ... he's just also good out of the back field, often injured, and a pain in the locker room. Patterson is still learning, we'll see how he ends up ... I imagine he's 'real' too though.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: Harvin's a real WR ... he's just also good out of the back field, often injured, and a pain in the locker room. Patterson is still learning, we'll see how he ends up ... I imagine he's 'real' too though.
He used to be a wooden boy but he's real now. :)
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: He used to be a wooden boy but he's real now. :)
Patterson is still working on it. Every time he gets jammed on the line his hair grows an inch!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:Patterson is still working on it. Every time he gets jammed on the line his hair grows an inch!
That's why he has to bundle it in that hair net/cap thing he wears...
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: That's why he has to bundle it in that hair net/cap thing he wears...
One day he'll go over 1,000 yards receiving ... then he'll be a real boy ... err ... wide receiver.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: One day he'll go over 1,000 yards receiving ... then he'll be a real boy ... err ... wide receiver.
:lol: First, he'll have to be traded to the Broncos (the closest NFL equivalent of being turned into a donkey).
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:
:lol: First, he'll have to be traded to the Broncos (the closest NFL equivalent of being turned into a donkey).
Is this a whole riff on Pinocchio? This board has gone CRAZY! :rofl:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:Is this a whole riff on Pinocchio? This board has gone CRAZY! :rofl:
I've got no strings on me! ;)
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Speaking of the Broncos, anyone else tired of seeing them every other Thursday night, and other prime time games? And the commercials Payton is in? I am so sick of it, I hope they lose games. Even though I know im watching maybe the best QB, ever.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Speaking of the Broncos, anyone else tired of seeing them every other Thursday night, and other prime time games? And the commercials Payton is in? I am so sick of it, I hope they lose games. Even though I know im watching maybe the best QB, ever.
Haha, yeah I am not a big fan of AFC football in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Speaking of the Broncos, anyone else tired of seeing them every other Thursday night, and other prime time games? And the commercials Payton is in? I am so sick of it, I hope they lose games. Even though I know im watching maybe the best QB, ever.
'eh, whatever. I do find their games quite boring, so I just don't watch them.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Finally.

Percy Harvin - WR - Jets

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini said New York wants to make Harvin a "downfield threat."

Harvin was used as essentially a pass-catching running back in Seattle, catching balls at or near the line of scrimmage and being asked to make plays himself. The Jets will likely push Harvin down the field more.
Source: ESPN New York
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Finally.

Percy Harvin - WR - Jets

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini said New York wants to make Harvin a "downfield threat."

Harvin was used as essentially a pass-catching running back in Seattle, catching balls at or near the line of scrimmage and being asked to make plays himself. The Jets will likely push Harvin down the field more.
Source: ESPN New York
It will be interesting to see how it works out. Musgrave tried it at times with mixed results. Harvin can definitely make plays down the field.