Twins Topic

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Twins 2014 Season Topic

Post by dead_poet »

Wait, what?

Twins sign undrafted former truck driver with 100-mph fastball

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/minneso ... ackers-mlb
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ml ... /13342517/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Thaumaturgist wrote:Twins fire Gardenhire

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ml ... /16430885/
Ding dong the witch is dead!!

I hope they go OUTSIDE of the organization for the replacement. I keep hearing Paul Molitor... I would be very disappointed if he is the new manager. We need to get new blood in there and stop this "Twins way" bull #### that has never worked.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Ding dong the witch is dead!!

I hope they go OUTSIDE of the organization for the replacement. I keep hearing Paul Molitor... I would be very disappointed if he is the new manager. We need to get new blood in there and stop this "Twins way" bull #### that has never worked.
I kind of agree with you. Some new blood would be a good change.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Looks like Molitor was a solid choice. It helps that they have the guys batting ad playing the field playing worth a damn for the first time in a long time, though.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Twins Topic

Post by jackal »

I don't follow Baseball but when I do I would root for the Giants and Red Sox ..The Giants would be
my homegrown team, and I started rooting for the Red Sox, to annoy my oldest, who roots for the Yankee's :spanking:

I worked at a shell gas station, in my youth and the owner would give out corporate seats, to employees who
worked hard. My brother was the top salesman, for tires(yeah i know) and I was did the best job on the islands.
We would load up an old Toyota truck, and head for the bay area.

Needless to say i saw every big home run hitter in the steroids era, hit a home run. The A's bash brothers, I saw
a lot. We sat right above the dug out and could see the sweat dripping off the guy,s marching on and off the
field. I have to say one of the things that turned me off, was how rude some of the stars were, to very little kids.
I actually saw a few cry, when the players snapped at them.

My first Love was Football and close to the same time I became a hard core Vikings fan.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!