This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

Post by chicagopurple »

the only time I can really say I HATED the Pack was when Forrest Gregg was the Coach. He was sooo filthy dirty putting bounties on players to intentionally cause injuries that I really DID hope the Pack got injured in response. I will never remember the despicably lat hit on Jim McMahon that pretty much ended his career and all the Pack standing on their side lines and kicking Walter Payton (always a gentleman athlete) while he laid on the ground. Forrest Gregg was a pig. I wasnt a Bear fan but that really pissed me off!

Currently, I am enjoying watching the Saints crash and burn given their similair dirtbag policy of trying to end opponents careers with dirty hits.......actually the Saints organization is the perfect team to represent one of America's most corrupt cities....
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

LOL...."never remember".....ahh I am having one of those days
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote: I want to see a hard Barr or Harrison smith sack on Rodgers. One where Batmanesque starburst words come out. "Boom!" "Thwack!" "Pow!" That would be enjoyable.
This is why the board need a thumbs up button for comments.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:This is why the board need a thumbs up button for comments.
... and why they need to add those sound effect screens to some football broadcasts!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:There's an awful lot of ignorance in those quotes from Packer forums at the start of the thread
I especially loathe their stunning lack of historical knowledge. They say our history isn't proud, which is laughable. We have 18 division titles and 27 playoff appearances since the Vikings, Packers, Bears and Lions formed the Central Division back in 1966. That's 5 more division titles and 7 more playoff appearances than the Packers. The Pack have only one more conference championship than we do, 5 to 4.

So while we don't have the Lombardi trophies they do, our history exceeds theirs in every other way, and is far from embarrassing, as their fans would have us believe.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Leafman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Leafman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I especially loathe their stunning lack of historical knowledge. They say our history isn't proud, which is laughable. We have 18 division titles and 27 playoff appearances since the Vikings, Packers, Bears and Lions formed the Central Division back in 1966. That's 5 more division titles and 7 more playoff appearances than the Packers. The Pack have only one more conference championship than we do, 5 to 4.

So while we don't have the Lombardi trophies they do, our history exceeds theirs in every other way, and is far from embarrassing, as their fans would have us believe.
Yeah, this goes back to my other post about the Vikings never having 3 consecutive sub-.500 seasons ... from 1968 to 1991, the Packers had only FOUR winning seasons ... that's FOUR winning seasons in TWENTY FOUR years, a level of utter futility we cannot even begin to comprehend.

The worst 24-year stretch the Vikings have had was their first 24 years, when they had TWELVE winning seasons ... because we had only one winning record in the first 7 seasons after expansion. The second-worst stretch we've had has been the last 24 years, with THIRTEEN winning seasons.

I think most Packers fans know the history of the Viking domination of the division from 1968-2000. They just get off on needling us, but frankly they aren't worth the energy.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I have been to a Vikings game in Lambeau, It was the wildcard game in which Joe Webb was the QB. The fans we sat next to were the most rude fans i've ever been around, if that place would fall into a giant sinkhole or any other disaster I would hope that the opposing fans would have ample time to leave first.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

I've spent much of the last 4 years having many entertaining conversatons with fans of many teams. I respect that every fan base has good fans as well as detestable trolls who shake your faith in humanity. If you want proof of the later just check out any Vikings story on profootballtalk.com. The comment section quicky defenerates into an uncivil Troll war between the Vikes and Pack fans.

I work for an online retailer who sells NFL merchandise, My most entertaining call ever was the night the Pack won the Superbowl. It was from a Green Bay fan who I suspect had been drinking non stop since the NFC championship game. In the span of 3 minutes he accused me of sounding like a Steelers fan, Stated Brett Favre could go F&$! himself and cry in his beer. Then he said he wanted to commit various indecent acts with Farve's sister. Then the phone abruptly hung up... I assumed he decided to go make drunken snow angels instead of ordering a championship hat.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I especially loathe their stunning lack of historical knowledge. They say our history isn't proud, which is laughable. We have 18 division titles and 27 playoff appearances since the Vikings, Packers, Bears and Lions formed the Central Division back in 1966. That's 5 more division titles and 7 more playoff appearances than the Packers. The Pack have only one more conference championship than we do, 5 to 4.

It is comments like these that keep Pack trolls coming back for more.

The entire point of the game is to win Championships, we can close our eyes and say lalalalala all we want, but it doesn't change the fact that we are inferior to every team that has ever won a SB, yes folks, winning doesn't mean #### if you choke it away at the end.

That said, PLEASE LET US STOMP THESE OVERCONFIDENT FUDGE PACKING #### HEADS!!!!!
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

whoever is making the trip to the game be sure and have your old moss jerseys on. three greatest things i've ever seen regarding the packers: moss humiliate them on monday night, then moss mooning them, and then favre coming back to lambeau to beat them. i think its safe to say, you can't be that. we might not have as many super bowls, but i have a feeling one or two are on the horizon.
nfcnorthchamps25
Backup

Post by nfcnorthchamps25 »

I'm wearing my culpepper jersey to the game. Mostly because the only other jersey I have is a Jared Allen one. Maybe it's time to invest in a new one.
Either way the vikes better show up because I'm going with a group of 12 packer fans and I'm the only Vikings fan.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purpnation wrote: It is comments like these that keep Pack trolls coming back for more.

The entire point of the game is to win Championships, we can close our eyes and say lalalalala all we want, but it doesn't change the fact that we are inferior to every team that has ever won a SB, yes folks, winning doesn't mean #### if you choke it away at the end.

That said, PLEASE LET US STOMP THESE OVERCONFIDENT FUDGE PACKING #### HEADS!!!!!
I hate that attitude. Yeah, it sucks that we haven't won a Super Bowl. But do you honestly think our history "doesn't mean ####"?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:That said, PLEASE LET US STOMP THESE OVERCONFIDENT FUDGE PACKING #### HEADS!!!!!
I hate that attitude. Yeah, it sucks that we haven't won a Super Bowl. But do you honestly think our history "doesn't mean ####"?[/quote]

I've never liked that attitude either. Winning a Super Bowl is the ultimate goal for every NFL team but I don't think not having one means the Vikings, as a team and franchise, are inferior to every NFL team that has ever won a Super Bowl. There's more to sports than that and as Vikings fans, we have plenty to be proud of in our favorite team's history, They just haven't won the biggest prize yet.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

That Bills team that made 4 straight SBs is one of the greatest teams ever IMO. What an accomplishment. It's equally amazing to me that they came up short of the title.
Vikings fans are pretty spoiled when it comes to not having a decade long period of abject suckitude.

The Packers, for example, and the Niners...both were just horrible through the 70's when I really got into the NFL.

Not to be too drunk on the kool-aid here, but the initial tone and success of Zimmer/Turner has a Walsh-like vibe to me. This team is so young and learning very quickly.

I look for the defense to come out and establish it's self even more on thursday. They are just going to get better and better IMO and will be the strength of this team.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purpnation wrote: It is comments like these that keep Pack trolls coming back for more.

Comments like what? That I'm proud of our team's history in spite of the lack of SB titles? Wow ... didn't know that was a crime.

And honestly, I could give two poops about Packer trolls invading our board. Bring 'em on.

Here's another historical nugget ... the Packers were totally irrelevant from the 1940s to the early 1960s, then totally irrelevant again during the entirety of the 1970s and 1980s. That's FOUR DECADES of irrelevance, which is also part of their history. After the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, they were little more than an easy W on the schedule until Brett Favre came along in the early 1990s. On the other hand, the Vikings have NEVER been irrelevant for such an extended period of time. We have our down years, but there isn't a single decade in our entire existence that we haven't won at least one division title. Green Bay cannot say that.

The Vikings also have 12 Hall of Famers, which is the 13th most of any team in the NFL. That's definitely short of the 24 that Green Bay has, but considering the Pack were in existence for 42 years before the Vikings, it's also not too shabby.

History is history. All of it matters. To say we don't have a proud history is ludicrous.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.