Gophers

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Gophers

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Not too bad. First time I remember them getting the jug. Kill looks like he's putting it together.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Gophers

Post by frosted »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Not too bad. First time I remember them getting the jug. Kill looks like he's putting it together.
Mason actually beat Michigan in 2005 as well, but it has definitely been rare.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

frosted21 wrote: Mason actually beat Michigan in 2005 as well, but it has definitely been rare.
Hmm I don't remember that. For the Brown Jug? I think even the announcers said it had been 25+years.

But its nice to see a solid Gopher team. Now if their basketball team follows suit, my faith in MN sports will be restored.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Hmm I don't remember that. For the Brown Jug? I think even the announcers said it had been 25+years.

But its nice to see a solid Gopher team. Now if their basketball team follows suit, my faith in MN sports will be restored.

Yeah, definitely beat them under Mas - in the Big House too.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I remember that. Oh the good old days of Mason. :lol:

Man it'd be nice to have a QB who could complete even the easy passes. Whether it was Weber, or now Leidner, lack of a QB kills this team. Can they not identify them? Or is it just impossible for a team like the Gophers to recruit a good to great talent at that position?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Glad that it is just not the Vikings that are bad :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Demi wrote:I remember that. Oh the good old days of Mason. :lol:

Man it'd be nice to have a QB who could complete even the easy passes. Whether it was Weber, or now Leidner, lack of a QB kills this team. Can they not identify them? Or is it just impossible for a team like the Gophers to recruit a good to great talent at that position?
Weber? He was maybe the best QB in history of our program. If we had that kind of offensive talent now we could in the running for a big ten title.

I'm sure they have no trouble identifying good QBs, it's just really, really difficult to convince them to go to the U of M. There aren't very many and we aren't a very prominent program.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

maembe wrote:Weber? He was maybe the best QB in history of our program.
What? Are you his mom?
He was a terrible QB. I Can't believe you think he was the best in the history of Minnesota football.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleMustReign wrote: What? Are you his mom?
He was a terrible QB. I Can't believe you think he was the best in the history of Minnesota football.
Yikes - I don't know who you think was much better? Cupito? Asad Abdul-Kaliq?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

frosted21 wrote: Yikes - I don't know who you think was much better? Cupito? Asad Abdul-Kaliq?
Well when you put it that way... but Weber wasn't the best. Cory Sauter was pretty good. Abdul Kaliq was ok.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Ski-U-Mah

Went to the Game today. Was in the Bathroom for the big run but otherwise it was a ton of fun. Can't Remember the last time I had any level of confidence about the Maroon and Gold!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Defense is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

frosted21 wrote:Defense is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt!

Man, hopefully Kill keeps this up, and one of these years we can get a top Qb recruit, and put it all together! :thumbsup:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Demi wrote: No doubt!

Man, hopefully Kill keeps this up, and one of these years we can get a top Qb recruit, and put it all together! :thumbsup:
Someone hacked Demi's account again...

I like the direction of the team, and i will eat crow because I wanted Kill gone because of his health problems. But he seems to have that, and the team, under control.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well, they blew it against a bad Illinois team. Must have been looking ahead?