View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Introductions - if you're new, say hello here 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Canuck wrote:
Hi all, I finally decided to sign up, I have been on this site reading posts for quite some time now. Not sure why it took a few days to finally activate it, maybe it was my name, anyways I have been a diehard Viking fan for about 15 years now, I went to my first game last year down in Seattle unfortunately we lost but it was awesome, other then the crazy rude fans down there, luckily I was just behind the Vikings bench so I had a bunch of Viking fans to cheer with. I live in Vancouver Canada so that's the closest they come, so ill be down there again this year and hopefully get the W this time. I would love to travel to Minnesota and catch a game there sometime in the future.

Can't wait for the season to start!! got my NFL Sunday ticket ready

:welcome

Winning in Seattle would be nice! Hopefully you get to see it! :govikes:

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Waterboy

Hi everyone.

My name is Ragnar. I'm from Visby, Sweden.

I started watching Am. Football in 2012 which was when they started to air it in Sweden, however I only watched a couple games here and there because they usually air between 2:25am ~ 5:30 am. But I've decided to be more serious about the sport after a Swedish streaming site started to offer NFL.

Now as for the reason I'm a Vikings fan is not only because I'm from Sweden, but also because Minnesota is the state where Nordic ancestry is the highest. And it is the state I as a swede feel most connected with, I even know of distant relatives who settled there.

Anyways, I registered because it is a great way of learning the sport and getting more involved with it, and ofcourse--meet other Viking fans!

Skol* Vikings!

*I'm not gonna bother correcting the spelling of this word, because the english language doesn't have the letters in their alphabet, and you know where it comes from and what it means in our language(s) which is awesome, as it can't be considered a loan word. And the fact that you also blow in a Gjallarhorn before games really makes it feel alot more authentic.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

RagnarBlackmane wrote:
Hi everyone.

I started watching Am. Football in 2012 which was when they started to air it in Sweden, however I only watched a couple games here and there because they usually air between 2:25am ~ 5:30 am. But I've decided to be more serious about the sport after a Swedish streaming site started to offer NFL.

Now as for the reason I'm a Vikings fan is not only because I'm from Sweden, but also because Minnesota is the state where Nordic ancestry is the highest. And it is the state I as a swede feel most connected with, I even know of distant relatives who settled there.

Anyways, I registered because it is a great way of learning the sport and getting more involved with it, and ofcourse--meet other Viking fans!

Skol* Vikings!

*I'm not gonna bother correcting the spelling of this word, because the english language doesn't have the letters in their alphabet, and you know where it comes from and what it means in our language(s) which is awesome, as it can't be considered a loan word. And the fact that you also blow in a Gjallarhorn before games really makes it feel alot more authentic.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Starter

Nice to see another "proper" Viking here :thumbsup: :wink:

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:59 pm
Waterboy

Just wanted to say hi to everybody.
I am a huge Vikings fan from Germany, and I have followed the team since 2005 (boat scandal) when I spent half a year in Minnesota.
I've been reading this board for about 2 years.
High point of my short fandom: Reaching the NFC Championship game in 2010.
Low point: NFC Championship game in 2010.

Favorite player would be AD and CP on offense, Jared Allen on defense.

I'm really psyched about the Zimmer hiring and hope some good coordinators will follow.

Skol!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

simonton18 wrote:
High point of my short fandom: Reaching the NFC Championship game in 2010.
Low point: NFC Championship game in 2010.

:lol: So true.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

Welcome! Glad to have u here!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran

Thought I would say hi in this thread.

I grew up around Rochester, MN and after HS eventually moved down here to Kansas City. Although I live about 20 mins from Arrowhead Stadium I still have purple running through my veins. Just haven't been able to like the chiefs. Maybe its the fans that annoy me, maybe its the team. Just can't get into them. Anyway, not a whole lot of people around me that I get to talk Vikings Football with, and the forums on Vikings.com don't seem to exist anymore, so went searching for something else. Found you all.

BTW, I didn't realize there was already a poster by name of Kansas Viking. Should I change my name? Is that possible without re-registering?

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 am
Starship Commander

KSViking wrote:

BTW, I didn't realize there was already a poster by name of Kansas Viking. Should I change my name? Is that possible without re-registering?

Welcome to the board. It's not a problem for me if you keep that name. Good seeing someone else from Kansas here. Plus a Johnny Randle fan at that. :thumbsup:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

Kansas Viking wrote:
KSViking wrote:

Welcome to the board. It's not a problem for me if you keep that name. Good seeing someone else from Kansas here. Plus a Johnny Randle fan at that. :thumbsup:

Kansas Viking is actually the founder of the board. Just a little trivia for you :-)

Welcome to the board!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Franchise Player

Hey guys im not really new, just never actually introduced myself.

My names Kyle I am currently enrolled at Mankato State but grew up in St. Francis (Hour north of the cities) I eat breath sleep Vikes and Twins, played baseball all throughout elementary - high school!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:07 pm
Waterboy

Hey guys, newbie hanging around.

Based in Sydney AUS and need a place to talk Vikes. Most NFL fans over here are bandwagon supporters. Which means heaps of Giants, Pats & Niners.

I'll actually be coming across for the Vikes v Pack in Green Bay. Would love to tailgate, hit the beers and see it with other Vikes fans.

Cheers.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 pm
Fenrir

Welcome aboard

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:51 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

RagnarBlackmane wrote:
Hi everyone.

Skol* Vikings!

Very cool. I had a chance to travel a bit through your lovely country (Gothenburg, Ostersund, Stockholm), and it made total sense to me why my Swedish ancestors would have settled in MN. The green hills and lakes reminded me of home. The people were wonderful too. Glad to see you posting here. Let's hope the Vikings give us something to cheer about this year!

Skol!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:34 pm
Rookie

I have read the forum for a while now and thought it would be time to actually join up.

So here it goes. Hello from the UK my name is Sean.

Started watching football when I was younger 10 years plus ago but didn't have a team back then. Started to watch more and more and found that I started to follow the Vikings. Realized this when I started getting really peed off when we lost or played poorly.

Go to the International Series games every year at my home town Wembley and I really want to come over and see the Vikes at home one day.

I look forward to speaking to you all.

Skol.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:36 am
Commissioner

LondonViking wrote:
I have read the forum for a while now and thought it would be time to actually join up.

Started watching football when I was younger 10 years plus ago but didn't have a team back then. Started to watch more and more and found that I started to follow the Vikings. Realized this when I started getting really peed off when we lost or played poorly.

Go to the International Series games every year at my home town Wembley and I really want to come over and see the Vikes at home one day.

Skol.

Welcome to the board, Sean. :govikes: :welcome :govikes:

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:39 am
Hall of Famer

LondonViking wrote:

Skol.

Welcome Sean. I hope you enjoy posting on this board. I think you will find that this community is very passionate and one of the best (if not the best) internet message boards dedicated to an NFL team.

Skol.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:38 pm
Transition Player

Mundzo wrote:
Hey guys, newbie hanging around.

Based in Sydney AUS and need a place to talk Vikes. Most NFL fans over here are bandwagon supporters. Which means heaps of Giants, Pats & Niners.

I'll actually be coming across for the Vikes v Pack in Green Bay. Would love to tailgate, hit the beers and see it with other Vikes fans.

Cheers.

Dang son, I lived in Melbourne and then moved to Hobart prior to moving to Florida. Really miss Australia.
Glad to hear and will definitely be looking for ya

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 am
Practice Squad

Hi there,

Vikings-Fans do live all over the world. I am from Germany and became a Football and Vikings-Fan 1998 (! :wallbang: )
Till 2006 I wasn't able to watch or read anything about the Vikings but the results. Since then I've watched every single game.

I have visited vikingsmessageboard enjoyed reading and change now to an active member.

I used to be an active player and played last in 2010.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:50 pm
Transition Player

Hello everyone

Long time reader first time posting

I hope to be active and having wonderful discussions

Thank you

Sun May 31, 2015 4:41 am
Commissioner

FullWood wrote:
Hello everyone

Thank you

Welcome!

...your username is disconcerting and it makes me wonder how you spend your time on the Internets. I'm going to assume you're a lumberjack by trade. Or a beaver.

Sun May 31, 2015 8:24 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
FullWood wrote:
Hello everyone

Thank you

Welcome!

...your username is disconcerting and it makes me wonder how you spend your time on the Internets. I'm going to assume you're a lumberjack by trade. Or a beaver.

Or a termite...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
FullWood wrote:
Hello everyone

Thank you

Welcome!

I'm just anxious to see his avatar choice...

Sun May 31, 2015 5:59 pm
Practice Squad

New guy here. Been poking around and made a couple posts already. I was wondering if any one here is also a member of the Yahoo Groups Vikings list?

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 pm
Transition Player

dead_poet wrote:
FullWood wrote:
Hello everyone

Thank you

Welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:34 am
Waterboy

Hi to you all from the UK.
Name's Shaun.
First saw the Vikings on 20th. November 1983.
A weekly sports TV show broadcast an NFL game and I watched Minnesota beat Pittsburgh 17-14.
I've always played sports, through school and college, mainly soccer and rugby, but, from that moment I became a Vikings fan and, for over 30 years and from over 3000 miles away, have shared the good and bad times with you all (mainly bad), although coverage over here isn't great.
With half an hour to game time, I just hope this year we can discard the "nearly men" tag and make San Francisco in February.
Not the greatest of nights so far, with Carolina losing in Atlanta and Seattle beaten at home, but at least the Pack were well and truly whupped, just as I hope they will be next week.
SKOL.
Great to meet you all
Let's make 2016 a Purple New Year.

:govikes:

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:22 pm
Career Elite Player

Yggdrasil wrote:
Hi to you all from the UK.
Name's Shaun.
First saw the Vikings on 20th. November 1983.
A weekly sports TV show broadcast an NFL game and I watched Minnesota beat Pittsburgh 17-14.
I've always played sports, through school and college, mainly soccer and rugby, but, from that moment I became a Vikings fan and, for over 30 years and from over 3000 miles away, have shared the good and bad times with you all (mainly bad), although coverage over here isn't great.
With half an hour to game time, I just hope this year we can discard the "nearly men" tag and make San Francisco in February.
Not the greatest of nights so far, with Carolina losing in Atlanta and Seattle beaten at home, but at least the Pack were well and truly whupped, just as I hope they will be next week.
SKOL.
Great to meet you all
Let's make 2016 a Purple New Year.

:govikes:
Welcome! Nice to hear your perspective!

Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:05 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:32 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Nunin wrote:
Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!

Lol, well whatever reason you need to join, welcome to the board!

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next