Adrian Peterson Indicted for Negligent Injury to a Child

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

maembe
Franchise Player

Re: Adrian Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

Post by maembe »

Peterson deactivated: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... njury-case

Hopefully Asiata won't get the start, but I have a feeling he will.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Nothing like changing a game plan on a
Friday night,
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:As with me. Debating on what to do with his jersey I just got last Christmas. Surely, I won't wear it.
Well, I certainly won't be wearing mine this weekend. Maybe down the road, depending on how all of this unfolds... :(

In the statement from Peterson's attorney, it says "Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas." I really don't find that hard to believe. That doesn't mean I condone his actions but I do think many people determine what's okay based (at least in part) on their own experiences growing up. It's unfortunate because I think it perpetuates some methods of discipline best left behind. Of course, my views on that are based in part on how I was disciplined when growing up...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

maembe wrote:Peterson deactivated: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... njury-case

Hopefully Asiata won't get the start, but I have a feeling he will.
Me too. Hopefully a strong dose of McKinnon.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Our country is going down the tubes, bit interesting this comes out right after 9/11 too, the day everything changed for the worse...
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote:I won't but I'm still out on the ledge anyway.

Peterson has been my favorite NFL player to come along in well over a decade. This has me truly upset. :(
All I could say when my Facebbok FL group psted this was: Classic Vikings.

Can we all huddle up for an internet-hug?
PacificNorseWest wrote: Fireball though?

Way too syrup-y for my liking.
Hey, that's my favorite alcohol in the world! Don't talk trash about my favorite alcohol or my favorite football pla-

:cry:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Nick Wright of 610-AM in Houston reports that Peterson told police he gave his son a “whooping” in a May incident in Spring, Texas. According to the report, Peterson said he did it to punish the child for pushing another one of Peterson’s children while they were playing a video game. The report says Peterson grabbed a tree branch, removed the leaves and struck the 4-year-old repeatedly.

The child’s injuries reportedly included cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. According to the report, Peterson texted the boy’s mother and acknowledged what he had done and that she would be “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly texted the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I [sic] thigh. . . . Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”
Damn four year olds. Toughen up. What is happening to this country when a man can't beat his 4 year old son with a tree branch. :roll:
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I don't have any problem with what AD, My dad left marks on me and I deserved it. But in todays world this is pretty bad. His season I'm afraid is over, possibly career ending mistake
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

What the hell kind of Southern Gothic crap is this? Am I reading a Faulkner novel right now?

Adrian "Mommy Dearest" Peterson is a loon.

NO. MORE. TREE BRANCHES.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

40 years ago we would have been asking "what did he do to deserve it" But time change, people don't change as fast. If this is the way you were disciplined than this is the way you will more than likely discipline your children. It is a tough cycle to break.

Why deactivate him? Simple. First he has to go to TX and post bond. Second, with the incident so much in the news it will be a distraction. Third, it's the right thing to do. Sunday do you know what you will be hearing about? Why are Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald playing and what does that say about their respective teams.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

2-10 years if Adrian is found guilty.

Warrant is currently out for his arrest according to multiple sources.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yup. He's done. Bye AP. Bye season.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

This is bad. Real bad. He might get tossed for the whole season with that!

As soon as the injury photos leak, he's done.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Demi wrote: Damn four year olds. Toughen up. What is happening to this country when a man can't beat his 4 year old son with a tree branch. :roll:
:point: Cowboys can have him for all I care. 4 years old. Really? The guy is a bum.
Last edited by purplehaze on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Hunter Morrow wrote:This is bad. Real bad. He might get tossed for the whole season with that!

As soon as the injury photos leak, he's done.
Could be. After the reaction the NFL got over the short suspension for Ray Rice, they may go overboard on this one. They certainly won't be lenient anyway.