Do We Have A Good Chance Against Patriots At Home?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Do We Have A Good Chance Against Patriots At Home?

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Hunter Morrow wrote: I was wrong a lot and don't know dick about football. Who gives a toss?

VIKINGS BY 10 NEXT WEEK!
The key word there is 'given'. This looks like an entirely different team. Robison got an INT, I am still waiting for the sky to fall.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Raptorman wrote: Records like that are always eventually broken.

Yes they are. And it will be NO surprise when the Vikes win this one.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
allday2097
Waterboy

Post by allday2097 »

Don't know if I can picture Brady starting 0-2 but I believe we can ride the momentum of this win to a close victory the Patriots.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Adrianpeterson28mvp wrote: Regarding your op, Knowshon Moreno is a former Bronco, not Patriot. Edelman is a WR who put up 95 yards today, not a RB...Also Vereen isn't a nobody, he's one of the best pass catching RBs in the league, ya know the ones that have given the Vikngs trouble for years? Keep in mind we don't have a linebacker near Cameron Wake (but Barr did play beastly today)

It's one thing to judge a team by one week, but please at least know the team. If you think the Vikings are going to see the exact team the Dolphins saw, not a chance. Having said that at least we know this team is beatable, skol!
Shane Vereen is stupidly overrated, especially by fantasy "gurus".
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

saint33 wrote: Shane Vereen is stupidly overrated, especially by fantasy "gurus".
Respectfully disagree. He's a fantastic weapon for Brady. One of the smoothest athletes I have seen, and he will be very productive this year if he is healthy all season, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

frosted21 wrote: Respectfully disagree. He's a fantastic weapon for Brady. One of the smoothest athletes I have seen, and he will be very productive this year if he is healthy all season, IMO.

well we'll just have to wait and see :wink: I know I didn't have him on my draft board. Got him up nice and early in my auction draft so someone could waist a buttload of cash on him.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

saint33 wrote:
well we'll just have to wait and see :wink: I know I didn't have him on my draft board. Got him up nice and early in my auction draft so someone could waist a buttload of cash on him.
I wasn't referring to FF, but a good option there as well.

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Definitely. There's nothing scary about these Patriots. Can't take them lightly, but if the defense sticks their assignments and Cassel stays efficient then I would say the chances are very good.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Early Vegas lines have the Vikings as 3.5 to 5.0 underdogs next week against the Patriots.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

808vikingsfan wrote:The Dolphins always play the Patriots tough. It was a divisional game so I'm not sure how much we can take from the game.
Yep.

Good thing going for us, new coaching staff. Teams are only really going to have one games worth of tape against this current set up! Now, if they have something on Cassell?

3.5 to 5 point dogs doesn't seem bad. With homefield only a TD. I could see them spreading us out and Brady having a record day. But considering the last two games only? Should be a more competitive game than it would have been the last decade.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

It would be a massive win early in this program, but even playing close the next 2 weeks will show that they belong. It's early in the Zimmer regime, there will be ups and downs.

Today was a huge win for Zimmer, he gets the game ball from Wilf and all he wants to tell his players is there were too many errors today. That is awesome, this guy will not rest, it reminds me of some championship coaches. This program needs to be taken seriously, because I think it's for real.
This space available for rent.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

We will face a real offense next week that will test this defense. It's not the pats of old but they are still better than most. So I think next week is real test of this new defense. I just hope we haven't lost Floyd. Our offense is good and can beat the pats defense so I definitely think we have a legit chance to beat them next week.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

This game will come down to pressure on Tom Brady.

He was yesterday -- as he always has been -- vulnerable if you can get him off his spot.

We saw a lot of exotic stuff from Zimmer yesterday to start the game, then he went to base defenses as the lead widened. Yet we continued to get pressure on the quarterback. The fact is that our pass rush is much improved. Griffen is a monster, and Joseph really creates havoc inside. That trend will need to continue if we are going to beat the Bradys.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:This game will come down to pressure on Tom Brady.

He was yesterday -- as he always has been -- vulnerable if you can get him off his spot.

We saw a lot of exotic stuff from Zimmer yesterday to start the game, then he went to base defenses as the lead widened. Yet we continued to get pressure on the quarterback. The fact is that our pass rush is much improved. Griffen is a monster, and Joseph really creates havoc inside. That trend will need to continue if we are going to beat the Bradys.
I was so happy to see the way our line played. I felt like the losses of Kevin Williams and Jared Allen were overblown, and even though I love those players, I think we upgraded both spots this year...and that's not even including the addition of Linval Joseph. Our D-Line is the best it has been since 09.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

DKSweets wrote:I was so happy to see the way our line played. I felt like the losses of Kevin Williams and Jared Allen were overblown, and even though I love those players, I think we upgraded both spots this year...and that's not even including the addition of Linval Joseph. Our D-Line is the best it has been since 09.
I was happy too, man.

Watched a good bit of the Bears' loss to Buffalo. Sorry to say, but Jared Allen was totally irrelevant in that game. He looked washed up and slow. Williams played well for Seattle, but it was in limited action. All good things come to an end, and we're better off.

Sharif Floyd is looking great, Joseph is a real problem for opponents at the nose. Everson Griffen is like the Tasmanian devil. Robison is Robison. We've got good depth with Johnson and Wooten and Crighton, and we occasionally have Barr put his hand on the ground and rush from the DE position. It's definitely a strength of the team, and I think we'll see that it rivals Detroit's D-line for best in the division.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.