Sunday might prove the naysayers right

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Sunday might prove the naysayers right

Post by Orion »

If we win big then we're probably frontrunners to win the division since the packers are exposed, battered and out of the way. Just need to take care of the bears and lions.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Way over-exaggerated friend...one game, first game, win or lose, does not make a season, even for the Vikings. Half of the teams in this league are afraid of a losing season, and the cream believes it "will" stay on top. Anything is possible, and nobody knows anything about any team until 4-6 games have been played. Go Vikings, I have no hatred for the Rams except for about 3 hours this Sunday starting at noon, Central time!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach, Shawn Hill is a pretty ok QB too. It's the first game of a whole new Vikings team so I won't put too much on it. After the game Zimmer will raise hell in the locker room and demand better..win or lose. And I'm pretty sure he'll get 'better' out of the players.

I haven't been this excited about the Vikings in a while. SKOL!
Seek and Destroy
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

GBFavreFan wrote:Honestly, if they can't beat the Rams, how could they be expected to come close to beating the Saints, Packers, Patriots, and Falcons? If the Vikings really are a team on the move, if Zimmer really does have this team in the right direction, if Cassel is really going to play like he did in the preseason, then the Rams need to be a "gimme" game.
Any given Sunday, my friend.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Just wait and see
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Orion wrote:If we win big then we're probably frontrunners to win the division since the packers are exposed, battered and out of the way. Just need to take care of the bears and lions.
Rams is a must-win as the stretch of games into October is just brutal. Not a must-win per se, but if they lose, that hill just got steeper.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

My gut says a loss. But the dazzle of the bright lights around Norv and Zimmer make my heart says we will win.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

indianation65 wrote:Way over-exaggerated friend...one game, first game, win or lose, does not make a season
Exactly. This happens at the beginning of every season. People put too much emphasis on week 1. If you were to read the papers today you would be convinced that we shouldn't even have an NFL season and instead we should just give the Lombardi trophy to the Seahawks this year considering how awesome and flawless they are.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

720pete wrote: Exactly. This happens at the beginning of every season. People put too much emphasis on week 1. If you were to read the papers today you would be convinced that we shouldn't even have an NFL season and instead we should just give the Lombardi trophy to the Seahawks this year considering how awesome and flawless they are.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Well they are pretty awesome and flawless :D But I don't think any Viking fan is going to bow down to them. Im really hoping Zimmer and Gary are watching a lot of their film of the DBs. I think its the biggest weakness on this team, and has been for years. Gotta see that flaw fixed.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

The reason that this game is being viewed by many as a must win is simply due to the early schedule and also the fact that it is important to win the winnable games . The Rama without their starting QB is most definitely a winnable game in fact almost a must win game in my opinion .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I have to disagree with you, if only because, if there's one thing I have learned about football, both as a fan and a participant, it's that a team does not remain static for an entire season. Playing at a certain level in week one does not indicate the level of play the team will be at later in the season. Improvement each week should be (is) the goal for every team in the NFL, IMO.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

How the hell do the Jets get a monday night game and we get no primetime (not counting thursday night)?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Orion wrote:How the hell do the Jets get a monday night game and we get no primetime (not counting thursday night)?
Because the Mother Ship (ESPN) will ALWAYS favor the three teams from the northeast (Pats, Giants, Jets).
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
tnvikesfan
Starter

Post by tnvikesfan »

Every game, for every team, should be a 'must win' attitude. I don't see a team out there who will say 'meh, we don't need to win this one, there's other more important games'. Whether or not it happens and we (hopefully) win against the Rams, we do need to prove the naysayers wrong.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our season, DH is not so much. We'll both get to see how much improvement has been made to date come noon tomorrow!

I grew up with the Vikings, so will claim fan status for almost 50 years. GO VIKES!! :v):
~Ginny~

A woman is only vulnerable while her nails are wet. Even then, she can pull the trigger if she needs to.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Orion wrote:How the hell do the Jets get a monday night game and we get no primetime (not counting thursday night)?
They play in the biggest TV market in the country and they weren't a 5 win team last year.