Minnesota Wild/NHL playoffs

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Minnesota Wild/NHL playoffs

Post by frosted »

Yeah, I was pretty upset about the no call on the holding..there's no guarantee that he would have scored, but it was an empty net, so about as much a guarantee as you're going to get. Hopefully we can win in St. Paul on Monday and then anything can happen in game seven. Between tonight and game one though, we should be getting ready for the next round already - two games that just got away from us.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Every time the Gophers or Wild lose any game, my Facebook page lights up with posts whining about the referees and how horrible they are. It is so annoying to the point that I block (or even unfriend) some people during hockey season.
This game looks like it was legitimately called poorly, and you truly wonder what the referees are looking at (or betting on). Now I am not a friend of officials, and I have made my share of complaints, but in the end, very rarely can you say that poor officiating cost a game for a team (the 2009 NFCC Game comes to mind), but even in those games, there are chances that have to be taken advantage of. You simply can't let a team score late in the game like they did twice in the same series.
I have succumb to the fact that officiating is biased and always will be, toward teams that are more popular than the Minnesota teams.
With that said, if the Wild don't somehow come back in this series, they better fire Mike Yeo and get a real coach in here. There is no excuse for the Wild not to go deep into the playoffs with the talent they have. I am sick of teams from MN being ok with just "being there" and not trying to hire a coach and sign players who can get the teams to the next level. Why Ron Gardenhire still has a job here is so far beyond me that I almost cry thinking about it. I am cautiously optimistic about the Vikings and the Gophers men's basketball teams because it appears, in paper, that they finally get it and are trying to get to the next level. It took them way too long, but at least something clicked in their brains that hiring "the nice" guy just doesn't work.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

GREAT GAME!! Blackhawks will be tough, no doubt, but I can't wait!

WILD WIN WILD WIN WILD WIN WILD WIN
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am curios if Saint33 is pulling for the Blackhawks because (his cousin?) Duncan Keith is on the team or if he is pulling for the Wild. Lol, random thought I know. I am not even sure if Saint33 likes the Wild!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I am curios if Saint33 is pulling for the Blackhawks because (his cousin?) Duncan Keith is on the team or if he is pulling for the Wild. Lol, random thought I know. I am not even sure if Saint33 likes the Wild!
There's a guy here who's cousins with Duncan Keith? That's bad ####. Duncan Keith is a beast.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

frosted21 wrote: There's a guy here who's cousins with Duncan Keith? That's bad ####. Duncan Keith is a beast.
I think so - he is related to him somehow. I remember saint33 discussing it last year I believe.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

FYI, the Wild are done. Chicago is on an entirely different level than Colorado. The Wild may steal a game, but they will not win the series.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018