Player To Trade Up For?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

A.Powell24
Waterboy

Player To Trade Up For?

Post by A.Powell24 »

Do you think there is any player in this draft worth trading up for?

If you could have your choice of any player in this draft who would it be and why?
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Re: Player To Trade Up For?

Post by nightowl »

Khalil Mack would be the only one I would think about.

I think this guy is going to be a serious impact player. I've been so disappointed watching his stock rise the last several weeks to where the Vikes now probably would have to trade up to get him. That said, I wouldn't want to give up too much in any trade up.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I hope to trade down a couple of times in the 1st and accumulate 2 additional 2nd rders..
I hope to be able to choose Rush LB/DE Anthony Barr or CB Dennard or Gilbert.
I then hope to be able to trade up to get OG Su'a Filo. Even move up to add LB Shazier.
In the 2nd look at QB Manziel, CB Roberson, OG Yankey, DT Hageman, LB Van Noy, TE Amaro.

I just hope to have 3-5 picks in the first 2 rounds with such a good draft class !
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I would trade up in the draft for Sammy Watkins. That man will be something special in the NFL.

I suppose I would consider trading up a couple of spots for Teddy Bridgewater too if it appeared that we could not wait at number eight to select him.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I would trade up in the draft for Sammy Watkins. That man will be something special in the NFL.

I suppose I would consider trading up a couple of spots for Teddy Bridgewater too if it appeared that we could not wait at number eight to select him.
I agree but the Vikes have too many other needs. Besides Flash will do just fine :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

IIsweet wrote:I hope to trade down a couple of times in the 1st and accumulate 2 additional 2nd rders..
I hope to be able to choose Rush LB/DE Anthony Barr or CB Dennard or Gilbert.
I then hope to be able to trade up to get OG Su'a Filo. Even move up to add LB Shazier.
In the 2nd look at QB Manziel, CB Roberson, OG Yankey, DT Hageman, LB Van Noy, TE Amaro.

I just hope to have 3-5 picks in the first 2 rounds with such a good draft class !

3 - 5 picks in the first 2 rounds is extremely far fetched, everyone knows the draft is deep so its harder to move back. Why take a Corner when we locked that up with Captain, Cox and Rhodes?
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Why take a Corner when we locked that up with Captain, Cox and Rhodes?
:rofl:
Really? "Locked it up"?
:rofl:
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Truthfully, because we can keep them for awhile, not 1 and 2 year deals.
Thus making the secondary a strength! Imagine that, the secondary a strength ???
I really don't care who, but I think it's important to trade down and accumulate picks in the top 2-3 rds this year!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Watkins and Clowney would probably be the only two worth it. As far as trading down, hopefully not that far. How often do teams really hit on third rounders? Or even second. I'd rather take a top 10 type where the chances seem to be quite a bit higher than two or three later picks where history shows even the best teams can blunder pretty easily.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Watkins and Mack to me are the guys we cannot trade down if they're available!
I think that our trading up, comes trading back into the 1st rd.

Agreed also that we have traditionally missed on 2nd and 3rd rd guys, but? some good talent this year!
Trade back up into the 1st for OG S'ua Filo
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

IIsweet wrote:Trade back up into the 1st for OG S'ua Filo
Like Sua-Filo, but I like Yankey more. I'm hoping one of them is there at the Vikings early 2nd pick. I wouldn't trade up for either though, too many holes, we need those picks.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

S197 wrote: Like Sua-Filo, but I like Yankey more. I'm hoping one of them is there at the Vikings early 2nd pick. I wouldn't trade up for either though, too many holes, we need those picks.

Understood, but "historically" we do not draft well in the 3rd-7th rds. At least not a lot of difference makers.
I do agree that we seem to find some players more recently, but not a difference maker talent, but there is a reason why those guys go in the 1st 2 rds.
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

A.Powell24 wrote:Do you think there is any player in this draft worth trading up for?

If you could have your choice of any player in this draft who would it be and why?
I think that Clowney, Watkins, and Mack are the only players worth trading up for.

If i could have a choice of any player in this draft i would draft Clowney because he will constantly put pressure on the opposing teams QB. But i would be happy with either Clowney, Mack, or Teddy. :smilevike: