Johnny Manziel

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Johnny Manziel

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:It would be interesting to know what Rick Spielman, Norv Turner and the Vikings think about Manziel. Would they pass on him if he were available at no. 8? I wouldn't be amazed if they did.
Manziel is a prime candidate to fall in this draft, perhaps to the bottom of the first round or even out of it.

On the other hand, he could easily be one of the top 3 players selected. It's going to be very interesting to see where he gets drafted.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The kid's going to have a lot of pressure on him, wherever he goes. If he does fall to the bottom the first round, that could be good for him, assuming he isn't forced to start in his rookie year.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:The kid's going to have a lot of pressure on him, wherever he goes. If he does fall to the bottom the first round, that could be good for him, assuming he isn't forced to start in his rookie year.

You're right, a fall to the latter part of the first round could actually be a blessing in disguise for him.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Jaworkski thinks he should go in the third round, pointing to mechanics problems and a style of play that does not lend itself to the NFL. There's a video on ESPN right now summarizing his take on Manziel. Seems like JFB's stock is falling fast, I've read/heard similar takes elsewhere lately.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Actually, Jaworski said that he would not take Manziel anywhere in the first three rounds.
I’m a big believer in Nick Foles, but who knows? Manziel may fall. I’m not crazy about him, to be honest with you. I’ve only looked at five games. I wouldn’t take him in the first three rounds. That’s my opinion. It’s incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me.
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/ ... ee-rounds/

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/26/ron-jawors ... ird-round/
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Round three or after? Ouch. That's gonna hurt his peelins. :cry:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Eli wrote:Actually, Jaworski said that he would not take Manziel anywhere in the first three rounds.
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/ ... ee-rounds/

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/26/ron-jawors ... ird-round/
I just listened to the video again. He clearly said:
I think he's a third round pick or maybe later
More importantly, is Jaws just grasping for attention by saying something that cuts against expectations or is this his real take? 2) Does this reflect how NFL scouts are viewing Manziel AT ALL? Only time will tell.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Jaws is right. Finally someone with a little football sense isn't stoking this dudes ego. He isn't that good. And in the NFL he wont be any better. God, I hope he isn't around for our second pick.....I don't trust Rickie. I would rather draft 3 D players then pick JFB in the first 5 rounds.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Jaws is right. Finally someone with a little football sense isn't stoking this dudes ego. He isn't that good. And in the NFL he wont be any better. God, I hope he isn't around for our second pick.....I don't trust Rickie. I would rather draft 3 D players then pick JFB in the first 5 rounds.

Evans just bailed him out so many times!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Texas Vike wrote:
Evans just bailed him out so many times!
A lot of times, yeah. Evans goes before the Shrimp I bet.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: A lot of times, yeah. Evans goes before the Shrimp I bet.
How many times!?
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Would you take Doug Flutie in the Top 10? Cause that's essentially what Manziel is. Only he's a few inches taller.

He's more Tarkenton than Flutie IMO. Although I don't think either of those are perfect comparisons either. Manziel is a whole new breed, and that's why he's such a hard evaluation to make