Peterson leaves Boise for Washington

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Peterson leaves Boise for Washington

Post by The Breeze »

I'm surprised by this move. If I had known he was looking for change I would have been beating down his door as an NFL GM. But then, I'm just a cartoon character on the interwebs...not an NFL GM.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... te-broncos
S197
Fenrir

Re: Peterson leaves Boise for Washington

Post by S197 »

I'm surprised with the move as well, I thought he was very comfortable over there in Boise. I would have really liked to see what he could have done in the NFL, would have been my top choice for the Vikings but it looks like that ship has sailed.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I guess you can't be actively seeking another head coach until you dismiss the one you have....assuming they will be doing that at all, which I do assume.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

I suspect NFL GM's have similar attitudes to poll voters about Boise State. ie, not in a major conference, inferior competition. There was enough questioning of Chip Kelly being hired out of the Pac10, I don't think many GM's would go out on a limb for a guy from lower level conference.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote:I suspect NFL GM's have similar attitudes to poll voters about Boise State. ie, not in a major conference, inferior competition. There was enough questioning of Chip Kelly being hired out of the Pac10, I don't think many GM's would go out on a limb for a guy from lower level conference.
nor should they. I could see the Vikings hiring someone from the MWC or something.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

glg wrote:I suspect NFL GM's have similar attitudes to poll voters about Boise State. ie, not in a major conference, inferior competition. There was enough questioning of Chip Kelly being hired out of the Pac10, I don't think many GM's would go out on a limb for a guy from lower level conference.
I disagree. Petersen went out to the middle of nowhere and produced an elite football team year after year that has beaten BCS teams. There's not many coaches who can go to Idaho and make a team that successful. Look at a guy like Saban, can't cut it in the NFL because he's so used to having the best of the best. Petersen has an eye for talent, and that's what you need at the next level.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleMustReign wrote: nor should they. I could see the Vikings hiring someone from the MWC or something.
Considering how hiring NFL coordinators has worked out...