Alabama/Auburn

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Alabama/Auburn

Post by Funkytown »

:o

Wooooooooooow! What an ending!

I'm pretty sure James is there--or he was at least going to try to go. He was going for Auburn, too. He probably just died. :lol:

Whether he went to the game or he just watched at home, pretty sure he just died. I'll miss you. A tad. ;)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Alabama/Auburn

Post by PurpleMustReign »

MelanieMFunk wrote::o

Wooooooooooow! What an ending!

I'm pretty sure James is there--or he was at least going to try to go. He was going for Auburn, too. He probably just died. :lol:

Whether he went to the game or he just watched at home, pretty sure he just died. I'll miss you. A tad. ;)
How can you not like College Football, Melanie? It doesn't get any better than that. Incredible.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

And for the record, I do like Alabama, but the thing that sucks the most for me in this game, is that Ohio State will probably play for the National Championship. No Big Ten team deserves to be on the same field as any SEC team (other than maybe Kentucky or Vanderbilt). Now it looks like an SEC team won't even get to compete for the National Championship.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleMustReign wrote: How can you not like College Football, Melanie? It doesn't get any better than that. Incredible.
I just can't get into it. I have it on on Saturdays, but I don't watch very intently. I fell in love with the NFL first, so it's kind of hard for me to get into college ball on that level. Some games are good--like this one--but overall, I see a lot of freakish blowouts, and it's just not attractive to me. However, I did watch this game, and I chose to watch it rather intently at the end, and it was PRETTY. DARN. AWESOME. I actually flew off my couch yelling at the TV when I saw he had the last guy beat on that return. It was pretty cool. I'm happy for James, but now I'm over it. lol. College ball just doesn't do it for me.

As exciting as this game was, the one with Ohio State and Michigan made me mad earlier. What a stupid call to go for it, stupid pass, and just a stupid ending. I was just like...really? :lol: Wanna know why I don't get that into college ball? Because I don't need ANY MORE disappointment than I already get from those there Minnesota Vikings. No thank you. ;) I'll watch the occasional big game, but I won't ever be invested. Nope.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Im telling you Melanie, college football is the best! I mean yes, it's no NFL but if you wanna see exciting plays then college football is where it's at. You might not watch it but most SEC matchups are good. SEC teams play tough football and it's hard for them to blow each other out unless you're Alabama. lol

Now I like Alabama and Auburn. Im sure some people have seen me say roll tide on here. But I was born in Auburn, so whenever Auburn plays Bama I will root for Auburn. When they are not playing each other I wish both teams to get a win but I really would really be upset if Auburn loses. Other than the Cam Newton era, I have never missed an Auburn football game. So I support them 100%.

Yesterday was crazy though. I think about last season under our previous coach, Gene Chizick, and our 3-9 season. Then this season, we come in with a new coach, new QB, and a new system. Most people never expected Auburn to get this far let alone beat Alabama. But I knew when Auburn beat Texas A&M that we were better than people think. Then the lost against LSU people pretty much predicted Bama to go all the way. But we came in with our backs against the wall and people all mighty Nick Saban and his Alabama defense that looked pretty pedestrian last night.

The only sucky part is that since Auburn and Bama have one lost, there might not be an SEC team in the championship this year. It could be FSU vs Ohio St. Ohio State could lose though because they got blessed against Michigan when the team decided to stupidly go for 2 instead of tying the game and get the extra point. FSU could lose if they lose their QB but then again they're playing Duke so I doubt it would matter. If any of those team loses then Auburn may have a shot. If Auburn loses then I think Missouri may have a shot at the title.

Either way college football has kept me at peace since the Vikings have not been doing well this season. So atleast one of my teams are playing for a championship. lol