REDSKINS name

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

glg
Site Admin

Re: REDSKINS name

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote:Utah Jazz ... LA LAKERS
At least those two were sensible names in their old locations.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HornedMessiah wrote: Well, see that actually makes sense because...apparently there are a lot of Pelicans down there. The brown pelican is the state bird of Louisianna. Makes more sense than some of the ridiculous mascot/location mismatches like Utah Jazz, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions, LA LAKERS, the list goes on and on...

So, if they're going to change it (which seems inevitable at this point), they should go something that's authentic and fits the Washington DC area. Maybe one of these:

Washington Windbags
Washington Snakes
Washington Do-Littles
Washington Shutdowns
Washington Embarrassments
LMAO...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Not sure what a Redhawk is.....but I think the Washington Iiroquois would be cool.

It would represent several tribes in that region in a positive way, including the Oneidas. Plus it was the Iroquois Confederacy that Jefferson took a lot of cues from when desiging our current democracy.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

HornedMessiah wrote: Well, see that actually makes sense because...apparently there are a lot of Pelicans down there. The brown pelican is the state bird of Louisianna. Makes more sense than some of the ridiculous mascot/location mismatches like Utah Jazz, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions, LA LAKERS, the list goes on and on...

So, if they're going to change it (which seems inevitable at this point), they should go something that's authentic and fits the Washington DC area. Maybe one of these:

Washington Windbags
Washington Snakes
Washington Do-Littles
Washington Shutdowns
Washington Embarrassments
Snakes. But remember folks -- you elect these animals. Don't hold it against my city when you elect them. Blame yourselves.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

DanAS wrote: Snakes. But remember folks -- you elect these animals. Don't hold it against my city when you elect them. Blame yourselves.
Hmm... Most of them are not who I voted for... I still don't hold it against your city though :wink:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hundreds- ... 06129.html
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Hundreds of American Indians and their supporters rallied outside the Metrodome Thursday night to demand the Washington Redskins change the team's nickname, calling it racist and disrespectful.

Carrying flags, signs and staffs and led by American Indian Movement co-founder Clyde Bellecourt, the crowd marched to the downtown stadium to hear speakers before the Minnesota Vikings played Washington.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Continually playing the "victim" shows no signs, none, of being proud.

...wisdom through hoping the "Skins" and the "Chiefs" continually exist!
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Nah, it's cool. I know a guy who is 1/16 Cherokee and he isn't offended by it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »