Just wanted to say thanks!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Just wanted to say thanks!

Post by IrishViking »

Hey, lurker new to the forum here. I just wanted to thank all of the regulars (you know who you are) for keeping this board a fun and interesting place! I recently went through some tough times. Long term girl friend Broke up with me, got fired to cover a senior employees butt... typical country song stuff ;) and as silly as it sounds coming here and reading posts helped me forget what an utter mess my life had become recently. Things are looking up for me now, just got a new full time job. But just wanted to offer a proper thank you to all of you for, oddly enough, helping me through this tough time.

Cause you know, the Vikings certainly haven't. :v):

IrishViking.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Just wanted to say thanks!

Post by Funkytown »

Sorry for your hard times. It'll get better, though! Looks like things are slowly improving for you already. Good!

I think it's pretty cool that this message board was your escape. That's nice. :D

It makes me feel better too; it makes me aware of the fact that I'm not the only one crying about the Vikings. ;)

Have fun!

:govikes:
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

You're welcome! It was my sarcasm wasn't it? Or my constant complaining? Yeah my negativity is like a super power. I knew it would come in handy someday xD. Take that naysayers who call me a naysayer! Happy to help, and glad you're feeling better. And welcome to the board. I come here for a similar reason, to vent about that never ending soap opera called the Vikings :twisted:. It helps me get through a miserable season like this. And reading some of the nutty opinions people have? Well that's just good times! Someone always inadvertently brings a smile to my face xD. Like that one person around here who still likes Childress :rofl: I mean can you imagine?
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Reignman wrote:And reading some of the nutty opinions people have? Well that's just good times! Someone always inadvertently brings a smile to my face xD. Like that one person around here who still likes Childress :rofl: I mean can you imagine?
:lol:

At least you get a kick out of me.