Vikings return to bottom feeder in the division

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings return to bottom feeder in the division

Post by mondry »

Eli wrote:Re-reading the reactions in this thread is good for some laughs.
Yeah, my posts are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off. I put way too much faith in Musgrave actually being a competent offensive coordinator. The preseason stuff is pretty funny too looking back on it. Turns out that less flavor than Vanilla offense we saw wasn't us not exposing anything new, we actually didn't have ANYTHING new LOL! :shock:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

One thing I would like to point out. The Vikings have been on the bottom of the division, if I am correct, exactly 3 times in their history. Not bad.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

mondry wrote: Yeah, my posts are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off. I put way too much faith in Musgrave actually being a competent offensive coordinator. The preseason stuff is pretty funny too looking back on it. Turns out that less flavor than Vanilla offense we saw wasn't us not exposing anything new, we actually didn't have ANYTHING new LOL! :shock:

Yes, we noticed! :lol: Good that you can laugh at yourself though.
Looking good for the Vikes to win the north, the real battle will be for the wild card between GB and CHI. Detroit will be lucky to hit that 8-8 mark before they fall apart like they always do.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Demi wrote:Oh boy is this season going to be a rude awakening to some people...
:twisted:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

For the record:

Code: Select all

1961 3-11  Last (7th) in NFL West Conference (the NFL had 14 teams, in two conferences, no divisions)
1967 3-8-3 Last (4th) in NFC Central Division (the NFL had 16 teams, in two conferences, four divisions)
1984 3-13  Last (5th) in NFC Central Division (the NFL had 28 teams, in two conferences, six divisions)
1990 6-10  Last (5th) in NFC Central Division
2010 6-10  Last (4th) in NFC North Division (the NFL had 32 teams, in two conference, eight divisions)
2011 3-13  Last (4th) in NFC North Division
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote:For the record:

Code: Select all

1961 3-11  Last (7th) in NFL West Conference (the NFL had 14 teams, in two conferences, no divisions)
1967 3-8-3 Last (4th) in NFC Central Division (the NFL had 16 teams, in two conferences, four divisions)
1984 3-13  Last (5th) in NFC Central Division (the NFL had 28 teams, in two conferences, six divisions)
1990 6-10  Last (5th) in NFC Central Division
2010 6-10  Last (4th) in NFC North Division (the NFL had 32 teams, in two conference, eight divisions)
2011 3-13  Last (4th) in NFC North Division

Wow. And so much of the suckage as of late. 2 of 3 of Frazier's years will go down as some of the worst in our entire history. AND we have the league's MVP on our team. :shock:

So glad we fired Childress and kept this guy. Good call. :appl: Anyone but Childress. Just please, anyone but Brad. Yup. 8)
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

MelanieMFunk wrote:
Wow. And so much of the suckage as of late. 2 of 3 of Frazier's years will go down as some of the worst in our entire history. AND we have the league's MVP on our team. :shock:

So glad we fired Childress and kept this guy. Good call. :appl: Anyone but Childress. Just please, anyone but Brad. Yup. 8)
hehe, now we can say anyone but Brad and Leslie!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

mondry wrote:
hehe, now we can say anyone but Brad and Leslie!
:D Right.

I'm upset with myself for dropping the ball on Sunday. I talked to Syd for a few, and I forgot to rub it in about Frazier. He and I got into it pretty badly about firing Childress back in the day. So much so that he "pulled me aside" and took it to private messaging to explain why he thought we should get rid of Childress. I didn't buy it. So, in October of the '11 season he invited me to tailgate with him and his buds. I did, and I said, "So? Still think that hiring Frazier was a good choice?" He just smiled and said, "Hey now, I never said that hiring Frazier was the best choice." LOL. Funny how everyone backs off of their "anyone but Childress attitude" now. Oh boy, I'm getting him in December at the Lions game. I'm totally getting him! I'm going to be like, "Hey Syd, Mr. Cheese Free, anyone but Childress, huh? Are you sure?" Then I'll run. Hopefully it's not too icy. lol :D Can't wait!