CHOPPING BLOCK: Will somebody get fired for this game?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

CHOPPING BLOCK: Will somebody get fired for this game?

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Just putting it out there.

Who, out of anybody, gets fired after today?
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Re: CHOPPING BLOCK: Will somebody get fired for this game?

Post by saint33 »

likely no one.

Musgrave should've been gone awhile ago though
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Just putting it out there.

Who, out of anybody, gets fired after today?
No one.

But when we get smoked next week by the Giants, the team that Ziggy Wilf followed as a boy and that he most likes to defeat now, heads may roll.
whatdaproblemis0
Starter

Post by whatdaproblemis0 »

Houston we have a problem.....oh and so does the Texans....
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

You can only say so much to a rabid anti-Ponder base that believed that the main problem was Christian Ponder...and that by subtracting him from the formula: Instant Super Bowl.

The problems are deep, and they're on both sides of the ball. And it sucks that you can't make a good team out of it by just removing one piece.

The coordinators suck, but the team wouldn't and shouldn't suck this badly if there weren't other problems. But so far, Christian and Matt have been Josh Freeman's biggest career boosters. Even then, unless Musgrave's offense turns out to be ideal for Freeman, I wouldn't expect much different. Until the defensive line steps up, until the linebacker play solidifies, and the defensive backfield has players smart enough to be in position and make plays.
-Rus
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

We are hurriedly rushing into Les Steckel territory. The team is in total disfunction right now. If nothing drastic happens it will get worse and we will be extremely lucky to win another game this year
justinkendle
Veteran

Post by justinkendle »

whatdaproblemis0 wrote:Houston we have a problem.....oh and so does the Texans....

Houston Cheered when shaub got hurt, i hope the Vikings will never be that classless no matter what the situation is
JellyBean2144
Starter

Post by JellyBean2144 »

I hate to say it but, it starts with the head coach and it rolls down hill from there. This is just unacceptable. I would fire the head coach and then when the off season comes, get rid of everyone!Start over. We are better than this.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

QBs went off for 240 yards, Panthers rushed for 135 against us so we don't even stop the run.
As a matter of fact, we allow more than 115 yards of rushing a game.
The one thing that this team did, get turnovers, didn't happen.

It is easy to scapegoat the offense but the defense is abominable, especially in the secondary.

The Cover 2 is hopelessly outdated in the QB beneficial, WR beneficial, tight ends are WRs that
weigh 270 pounds modern league. The talent isn't there and even if it were, the scheme sucks.
There is a reason why out of 32 teams, only 2 teams (Vikings and Bears) run Cover 2 and both
their defenses are CRAP against the pass.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

frazier please
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

I doubt anyone gets fired this season. The Season now is all about developing young guys, and developing Freeman, hope he plays well and resigns.

Than I say we tear it down and start over with a new staff again.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Highly unlikely. The season is over. There's little to be gained by canning Frazier and naming an interim head coach or even interim coordinator(s).
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Valhalla wrote:Game sure feels a lot like the Packer Chili game though, that it does.

Having said that:

I try to put it in perspective, the other 3 losses, even to the Lions by 10 were not such shellackings, this is just an embarrassment today, those other 3 games were lost by a total of something like 14,15 points.
Coming off a bye week too. And the team is just taking steps back.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Orion wrote: Coming off a bye week too. And the team is just taking steps back.
That is a point that shouldn't be overlooked. Frazier/Musgrave prepared for 2 weeks to score 3 points at home against the Panthers. (I refuse to count the garbage time TD)
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Kalil: "For the most part on things they outschemed us and had more people than we could block."
Coming from a player this sits a little off with me (I say a little because the context of the quote is unknown). Usually a player will talk about themselves and lack of execution but based on this quote it really sounds like Kalil is saying they got outcoached. I know today that's more or less a captain obvious statement but I think hearing it come from a player is a little different. The Vikings sure looked like they quit out there and the talk after the game isn't any more reassuring.