View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 2013 trade questions 
Author Message
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post 2013 trade questions
12-team league. 0.5 PPR. Being offered Spiller for DeMarco Murray/Golden Tate.

Hesitation: I'm getting a bit skinny on depth with Vareen going on IR (big-time bummer). I missed out on Edelman on Waivers due to waiver priority. Spiller had a rough outing, has what looks to be a brutal schedule and Fred Jackson clawing at a bigger role. Of course, Spiller should be a top-5 fantasy RB (particularly in PPR), which means a likely upgrade on Murray. And Tate isn't anything special (especially when Harvin returns) and easily replaceable by Gordon and/or Richardson as a flex play.

Thoughts?

Roster:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin
RB: DeMarco Murray
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Pierre Garcon
FLEX: WR Golden Tate
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Cowboys
K: Janikowski

Bench:
RB Daryl Richardson
RB Knowshon Moreno
WR Josh Gordon (suspended one more game)
QB Michael Vick
IR: Shane Vareen (out until week 11)

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:48 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
Traded Murray + Golden Tate for Spiller and Decker.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:33 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:32 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: nodakoda
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
I think that's a fine trade. You upgraded.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:06 pm
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
Trade proposed to me (countered from my original offer). Vick has me a bit nervous. If he goes down, I'm screwed. Thoughts?

Receive: Colin Kaepernick
Give: DeMarco Murray

Roster:

QB: Vick
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: A.J. Green
WR: Pierre Garcon
FLEX: Antonio Brown
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Texans
K: Greg Zuerlein

Bench:
DeMarco Murray
Cecil Shorts
Greg Jennings
Bernard Pierce
Jordan Cameron
Joique Bell
Roy Helu
Sam Bradford
Percy Harvin

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:18 pm
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
I'm 5-0. Vick down. I have no backup on my roster. I'm trying to acquire Cutler on waivers (dropping Woods), but am last in waiver priority with some guys on bye I may not get him. Do I dare trade Murray (or Martin) for Rivers?

Roster:

QB: Vick* (inj)
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: A.J. Green
WR: Pierre Garcon
FLEX: Antonio Brown
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Texans
K: Greg Zuerlein

Bench:
DeMarco Murray
Cecil Shorts
Greg Jennings
Bernard Pierce
Jordan Cameron
Joique Bell
Roy Helu
Robert Woods
Percy Harvin

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:16 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
Hmm...well never mind. I just traded Shorts for Kaepernick.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
Another trade has caught my attention. I think I gotta do it. Request your thoughts!

Give: Knowshon Moreno
Get: Dez Bryant

QB: Vick (inj), Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin (sucking)
RB: Moreno
WR: Demarius Thomas
WR: Eric Decker
TE: Jimmy Graham (please don't be hurt)
K: Blah
Def: 49ers

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Eddie Lacy
Josh Gordon
Vereen (inj)

My only hesitation is Moreno is KILLING it and Martin is SUUUUUUCKING. Moreno is essentially my best RB, and it's not close. My strength should theoretically BE my WRs and I'm looking to acquire another at the expense of my best running back (even though I, theoretically, should be solid at RB).

But, you gotta do it, right? I mean, RIGHT?

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Posts: 1915
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
dead_poet wrote:
Another trade has caught my attention. I think I gotta do it. Request your thoughts!

Give: Knowshon Moreno
Get: Dez Bryant

QB: Vick (inj), Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin (sucking)
RB: Moreno
WR: Demarius Thomas
WR: Eric Decker
TE: Jimmy Graham (please don't be hurt)
K: Blah
Def: 49ers

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Eddie Lacy
Josh Gordon
Vereen (inj)

My only hesitation is Moreno is KILLING it and Martin is SUUUUUUCKING. Moreno is essentially my best RB, and it's not close. My strength should theoretically BE my WRs and I'm looking to acquire another at the expense of my best running back (even though I, theoretically, should be solid at RB).

But, you gotta do it, right? I mean, RIGHT?


The Broncos might be up in every game, and he might get a lot of garbage time. But Dez is my number one WR in fantasy, he can score in bunches. Do it, and see if you can grab Brown from the Giants off waivers for Vereen. He will be out a bit yet, but he will be the starter, and he put up nice numbers last year in limited play, 8 TDs.

Personally there isn't too many WRs I would trade a starting RB for, except Dez, AJ, and Calvin.

_________________
This space available for rent.


Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
PurpleHalo wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Another trade has caught my attention. I think I gotta do it. Request your thoughts!

Give: Knowshon Moreno
Get: Dez Bryant

QB: Vick (inj), Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin (sucking)
RB: Moreno
WR: Demarius Thomas
WR: Eric Decker
TE: Jimmy Graham (please don't be hurt)
K: Blah
Def: 49ers

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Eddie Lacy
Josh Gordon
Vereen (inj)

My only hesitation is Moreno is KILLING it and Martin is SUUUUUUCKING. Moreno is essentially my best RB, and it's not close. My strength should theoretically BE my WRs and I'm looking to acquire another at the expense of my best running back (even though I, theoretically, should be solid at RB).

But, you gotta do it, right? I mean, RIGHT?


The Broncos might be up in every game, and he might get a lot of garbage time. But Dez is my number one WR in fantasy, he can score in bunches. Do it, and see if you can grab Brown from the Giants off waivers for Vereen. He will be out a bit yet, but he will be the starter, and he put up nice numbers last year in limited play, 8 TDs.

Personally there isn't too many WRs I would trade a starting RB for, except Dez, AJ, and Calvin.


I made the trade. The way I justified it was that Dez has an absolute cake schedule as far as matchups go. Plus, with Murray hurting, they may choose to air it out more. That's an interesting idea re: Brown. I'm not going to pull the trigger on it...yet. A lot will depend on Wilson's injury/how long he's out and how Jacobs does in the meantime. Vereen was going to be an absolute stud for me (particularly in PPR), and with so much uncertainty with the Pats' receivers (and RBs) I'm going to hang tight. I have ample RB depth to sustain the Moreno hit, particularly if Martin/Spiller get healthy/out of their funk.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:39 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Posts: 1915
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
Notice I grabbed brown in the VMB league, but it might be too late, I think I get everyone on their best week.

_________________
This space available for rent.


Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:19 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10698
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
So with Martin done for the year, what's your strategy now? Jackson is clearly outperforming Spiller, it's only a matter of time before the Bills give him the load. He's good at catching the football too which is big in PPR. Another guy to keep an eye on is Andre Ellington, he doesn't touch the ball much but averages over 6 yards per carry and is another guy who catches the football really well out of the backfield. Both are obviously long shots but I'd imagine the waiver wire is thin by now.


Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:46 pm
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23664
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
S197 wrote:
So with Martin done for the year, what's your strategy now? Jackson is clearly outperforming Spiller, it's only a matter of time before the Bills give him the load. He's good at catching the football too which is big in PPR. Another guy to keep an eye on is Andre Ellington, he doesn't touch the ball much but averages over 6 yards per carry and is another guy who catches the football really well out of the backfield. Both are obviously long shots but I'd imagine the waiver wire is thin by now.


I'm ####?

In my money league I'm 5-1 (could be 6-1 if Walsh scores less than 12 tonight). My RBs are: Martin (inj), Bush, Murray (inj), Pierce, Joique Bell, Helu. I'll probably add Martin's backup (Mike James), but I'm keeping my eye on Chris Ivory, Jonathan Stewart and even Khiry Robinson. It's not a great situation and I might have to try and swing for a trade. I'm hoping to score Alfred Morris for Jorden Cameron and Greg Jennings. But I'm only going to do this if I can secure Jordan Reed, as Graham's injury is still in flux. I may also have to try and field another trade somewhere. My WRs are: Green, Garcon, Antonio Brown, Jennings and Harvin, so I should be able to deal one or two of them.

In my other league, if it was the beginning of the season and you looked at my roster, there's no way I shouldn't be undefeated. Right now I'm 3-3 (about to go 4-3). RBs are: Martin (inj), Lacy, Spiller (inj) and Vereen (inj). Once again, I'll likely be looking to add Mike James. Unfortunately with such skinny benches, this is going to be rough. I'm probably going to be forced to drop TE-fill-in Heath Miller for James and prey Graham is full-go. And I know I shouldn't have done it, but I traded Moreno for Bryant, which royally screws me right now. But once again, I have ammo with my receivers (Decker, Bryant, Demarius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Garcon), so I'm going to see if I can find someone with a rough WR situation. Maybe I can wrangle Bernard.

I'll keep an eye on Ellington too.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10698
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
I think I might pickup Ivory and Harvin this week if I can. Looks like Harvin might play as soon as next game, and I think Ryan is going to give Ivory the carries after that performance.


Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Posts: 1915
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
S197 wrote:
I think I might pickup Ivory and Harvin this week if I can. Looks like Harvin might play as soon as next game, and I think Ryan is going to give Ivory the carries after that performance.


Grab Brown from big blue, he will be starting after the bye I bet. You want no part of the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets running game.

_________________
This space available for rent.


Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:20 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10698
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2013 trade questions
PurpleHalo wrote:
S197 wrote:
I think I might pickup Ivory and Harvin this week if I can. Looks like Harvin might play as soon as next game, and I think Ryan is going to give Ivory the carries after that performance.


Grab Brown from big blue, he will be starting after the bye I bet. You want no part of the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets running game.


Yeah you're right, Ivory had a horrible week and Harvin was grabbed ahead of me.


Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.